Blue Ribbon Committee - Human Relations Commission
The first meeting of the newly formed Blue Ribbon Committee on a Human Relations Commission will be held from 5 to 6:30 p.m. August 23 in the first floor conference room of Asheville's Public Works Building, 161 S. Charlotte Street.
The task force committee will serve for approximately three months in an advisory capacity to define the mission, scope and duties concerning a newly formed Human Relations Commission.
- Upcoming Meeting Schedule (locations to be determined, page will be updated as locations are reserved)
- Wednesday, September 6 at 5:30 - Public Works Building, 161 S. Charlotte Street, 1st Floor Conference Room
- Wednesday, September 20 at 5:30 - Stephens Lee, 30 G.W. Carver Ave., Afterschool Room
- Wednesday, October 4 at 5:30 - Stephens Lee, 30 G.W. Carver Ave., Afterschool Room
- Wednesday, October 18 at 5:30 - Public Works Building, 161 S. Charlotte Street, 1st Floor Conference Room
- Wednesday, November 1 at 5:30 - Stephens Lee, 30 G.W. Carver Ave., Afterschool Room
In June of 2017, the Asheville City Council created a Blue Ribbon Task Force for the purpose of discussing and ultimately advising the City Council about the creation of a new advisory board focused on human relations within the city. When it recommended the creation of the Task Force, the City Council Boards and Commissions Committee emphasized that prior to making any recommendations, the Task Force members should have a clear understanding of the authority that the human relations board could lawfully exercise. Read more about the framework for establishing this committee here.
Assistant to the City Manager