It has been many days since the Asheville area has experienced significant rainfall and we are at a high risk of wildfires due to weather conditions, low humidity and gusty winds.
Popular Services and Information
Look It Up
City data, simplified: your local government has developed tools that make it simple to find data relevant to you. Visit our SimpliCity application for information related to:
- Trash Collection
Sign up to receive up-to-date information on emergency and non-emergency events via email, phone calls, voice or text messages. Decide what types of information you would like to receive, and unsubscribe at any time.Manage Your AVL Alerts
Use The Asheville App to let city workers know about common issues such as:
- Potholes, sidewalk hazards or accessibility issues, street lights, street sign damage, street sign requests
- Abandoned vehicles, injured or deceased animals, hazardous waste
- Overgrown lots, brush collection requests, graffiti
- Fire hydrant leaks, water leaks, stormwater or draining issues
- Planning and zoning, code, or short term rental violations
- Trash collection, litter, trees and right of way
The City of Asheville, NC is pleased to announce Jeremy Knighton as Assistant Fire Chief. As part of our fire department’s commitment to continuous improvement, we are constantly assessing how we can best fulfill our mission. The role of overseeing emergency management within our City, as well as our community, has evolved significantly over the [...]
With winter quickly approaching, the City of Asheville Water Resources Department is encouraging our customers to follow best practices for the prevention of freezing water pipes.
Got a pothole problem or question? Check out the City of Asheville "report a pothole in a city street" page.
Learn about projects near your neighborhood as well as programs, studies and updates to city-owned infrastructure and facilities like parks, streets, sidewalks and public works.