Planning & Zoning Commission
The Planning and Zoning Commission is an advisory board to City Council that
- reviews text for proposed amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance;
- hears proposals to zone or change the zoning of property regulated under the UDO and then makes recommendations to City Council for final action;
- performs studies and surveys of the present conditions and probable future development of the City and its environs;
- formulates and recommends to the City Council the adoption or amendment of a comprehensive plan and other plans;
- reviews the terms of the UDO from time to time, as it deems appropriate,
- review applicants of planned unit development designation and preliminary plans;
- review and decide on approval of all proposed preliminary
platsfor major subdivision;
- and performs such additional powers and duties as may be set forth elsewhere in the UDO and in other laws and regulations.
The Commission consists of 7 members, 5 City residents appointed by City Council and 2 residents of the extra-territorial area of the City and appointed by Buncombe County Commissioners. The length of term of office is three years.
Regular Meeting Schedule
1st Wednesday of each month at 5:00 p.m. in the 1st floor conference room of City Hall.
Notice: The next meeting will be October 3, 2018
Chair Laura Hudson, firstname.lastname@example.org
Upcoming Agenda(s) and Documents for the October 3, 2018 meeting
Meeting Minutes & Audio Files
NOTE: Please use the browser Internet Explorer to listen to audio files.
Google Chrome does not support playback with Windows Media Player.
If you have need of archived documents for the Planning & Zoning Commission, please contact Patti McFarland at 828-259-5627 or email