The Planning & Economic Development Committee will recommend policies to support City Council’s long-range vision and comprehensive planning goals. Areas of focus include developing policies to enhance the employability of Asheville residents, master planning of land uses, transportation, etc., development policies and processes, building codes and development standards, annexation policies/goals/objectives, economic development strategies and incentive policies.
Members: Councilwoman Gwen Wisler (Chair), Councilwoman Sandra Kilgore, Councilwoman Sage Turner
Staff Liaison: Assistant City Manager Cathy Ball
Meeting Schedule: Second Monday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
NOTICE: The next meeting will be held remotely at 4:00 p.m., Monday, October 11.
Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute § 166A-19.24(f) this will be a remote meeting which the public can access by any of the following means:
- Watch the live stream through the City of Asheville Public Engagement Hub at https://publicinput.com/L0226 or the City YouTube Channel at youtube.com/cityofasheville.
- Call toll-free to listen to the meeting live on your phone: 855-925-2801 and enter code 8187.
- Pre-recorded voicemail comments by calling 855-925-2801 and Enter Code 8187 (closes at 5:00 p.m. day before the meeting).
- Pre-submitted written public comments: AVLPEDCommittee@publicinput.com (closes at 5:00 p.m. day before the meeting).
- LIVE speaker queue during public comment: 855-925-2801 and enter code 8187; Hit * and option 3.
*Pre-recorded and written comments will be provided to committee members prior to the meeting. Only live comments will be played during the meeting.
For additional information, please contact Bryson Shook at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-259-5721.