Tuesday, July 23, 2019 – 5:00 p.m.
Council Chamber – City Hall – 70 Court Plaza
Pledge of Allegiance
– Proclamation proclaiming Asheville as a Breastfeeding Family Friendly Community
II. Consent Agenda:
B. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a construction contract with WTAPS of Asheville for the Richmond Hill Park restroom facility and picnic shelter. Documents
C.1. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with Carolina Specialties Construction, LLC, for the ART Transit Facility Renovation Project. Documents
2. Budget amendment, in the amount of $1,080,045 from Federal Transit Administration grant funds and General Fund Assigned Fund Balance, for the ART Transit Facility Renovation Project.
D. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into and execute a municipal agreement with betterments with the N.C. Dept. of Transportation (NCDOT) for the City to accept maintenance responsibility for a new sidewalk that will be constructed as a part of an I-26 widening project. Documents
E. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into and execute a traffic – review and inspection agreement with the N.C. Dept. of Transportation (NCDOT) for the NCDOT to perform design review and inspection of the addition of pedestrian phasing at three signalized intersections along NC 280 (Airport Road). Documents
F. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to amend an existing contract and execute a one-year extension with S&S Management Group, LLC security coverage in the parking garages. Documents
G. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to accept streets and rights of way that have been dedicated to the City, and recommended for acceptance by the Directors of the City’s Transportation and Public Works departments, by executing a formal Memorandum of Acceptance for each street so accepted. Documents
H. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a construction contract with Owen Joseph LLC for the City Hall Garage Structure Improvement Project. Documents
I. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a utility construction agreement with the N.C. Dept. of Transportation for waterline relocation cost reimbursement associated with improvements to Fanning Bridge Road at the I-26 crossing. Documents
J. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to approve a resolution making provisions for the possession and consumption of malt beverages and/or unfortified wine at the following events: Documents
1. HiWire 6th Anniversary Party on July 27, 2019
2. Farm to Village Dinner on September 5, 2019
3. Blue Ridge Pride Festival on September 28, 201
K. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a change order with Hazen and Sawyer to increase the Water System Master Plan Update. Documents
L. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Appalachian Paving and Concrete, Inc. for the Wood Avenue Neighborhood Sidewalk Project. Documents
M. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a renegotiated lease agreement with the Asheville-Buncombe Youth Soccer Association for the John B. Lewis Soccer Complex. Documents
N. Resolution amending Resolution No. 19-142 to replace the program name of “CWA Early Learning Program” with “Black Culture Enrichment and College Tour” for the 2019-20 Strategic Partnership Fund Grant. Documents
O. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to purchase non-health-benefit-related insurance policies and to issue property claim-related payments. Documents
III. Presentations and Reports
City Council has established the following time limits for public hearings:
- Applicants have up to ten minutes to complete a presentation.
- Individuals have up to three minutes to speak to City Council.
- A person representing a group of three or more persons (not including the speaker) present in the Council Chamber has up to ten minutes to address City Council.
- Public comment period for any item may not exceed one hour.
IV. Public Hearings:
A. Public hearing to consider the conditional zoning of 2360 Sweeten Creek Road (Givens Estate Friendship Park) from RM-16 Residential Multi-Family High Density District to Residential Expansion/Conditional Zone for the construction of three multifamily structures totaling 81 residential units. Documents
B. Public hearing to consider the conditional zoning of 1 South Tunnel Road from Regional Business District to Mixed Use Expansion/Condition Zone to allow a mixed-use development that includes residential, retail, service and entertainment uses. – At the petitioner’s request, this public hearing will be continued until August 27, 2019.
V. Unfinished Business
VI. New Business
A. Housing Trust Fund
1. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Housing Trust Fund loan agreement with Homeward Bound to acquire and rehabilitate a multi-family property at 296 Short Michigan Avenue. Documents
2. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Housing Trust Fund loan modification with Swannanoa Bend, LLC, for the Simpson Street property. Documents
3. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Housing Trust Fund loan modification with Workforce Homestead Inc. for the Amaranth Apartments Project. Documents
B. Boards & Commissions: (Council to determine who, if any, to interview) Documents
– ABC Board Documents
– Multimodal Transportation Commission Documents
VII. Informal Discussion and Public Comment
Maggie Burleson, City Clerk