THE NEXT FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, OCTOBER 13 BEGINNING AT 5:00 P.M. THIS WILL BE A REMOTE MEETING. PRIOR TO THE FORMAL MEETING, CITY COUNCIL WILL BE HOLDING A WORKSESSION ON THE PROPOSED HOTEL DEVELOPMENT REGULATIONS AT 2:30 P.M. ON OCTOBER 13. THAT TOO WILL BE REMOTE AND NO PUBLIC COMMENT WILL BE ACCEPTED.
BELOW PLEASE FIND THE COMPLETE ON-LINE AGENDA FROM COUNCIL’S LAST FORMAL MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT CITY CLERK MAGGIE BURLESON AT MBURLESON@ASHEVILLENC.GOV IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
Tuesday, September 22, 2020 – 5:00 p.m.
1. Watch live by television on Charter Cable channel 193 and on AT&T U-Verse channel 99 or by live stream through https://publicinput.com/A6580
2. Persons wishing to speak during the meeting must sign up in advance using an online form found at ashevillenc.gov/comments or by calling the Clerk’s office at 828-259-5900, no later than Noon on September 21.
3. Listen live by calling 855-925-2801 Enter Code 8330.
4. Pre-recorded voicemail comments for agenda (including public hearing) by calling 855-925-2801 Enter Code 8330.
5. Written comments for agenda (including public hearings) – AshevilleCityCouncilSept222020@PublicInput.com.
6. Written comments for public hearings only can be submitted to the City Council until 24 hours after the public hearing by sending comments to the following address: AshevilleCityCouncilSept222020@PublicInput.com
Pledge of Allegiance
I. Proclamations (No public comment)
A. Confirmation of Swearing In of New Council Member S. Antanette Mosley
II. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on September 8, 2020. Documents
B. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a change order with CDM Smith Inc. to increase the Water System Distribution Project 2 – Professional Services Contract. Documents
C. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a construction agreement with T&K Utilities, Inc., for the Water System Neighborhood Enhancement Project Area 5 Part 1 Project. Documents
D. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a renewal agreement for automatic aid service with Reem’s Creek Fire Department. Documents
E. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into an agreement with the N.C. Dept. of Public Safety to provide Regional Hazardous Materials Emergency Response Team 6 – Asheville. Documents
F. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with Carolina Specialities Construction, LLC. for the expansion of the Skyland Fire Department located at 9 Miller Rd. South to accommodate operational needs for Fire Station #4. Documents
G. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a supplemental agreement with Cavanaugh and Associates to develop, facilitate and complete the Request for Proposals process for selection of Advanced Metering Infrastructure system. Documents
H.1. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to apply for, and accept, if awarded, the N.C. Governor’s Highway Safety Program, 2021 BikeSafe Grant, Year 2. Documents
- Budget amendment, in the amount of $5,000, from the N.C. Governor’s Highway Safety Program, for Year 2 of the 2021 BikeSafe Grant.
I.1. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to accept grant funds from the Federal Emergency Management Agency for the Fire Prevention & Safety Program. Documents
2. Budget amendment, in the amount of $45,029, from the Federal Emergency Management Agency for the Fire Prevention & Safety Program.
J. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a general services contract with Synergy Sports Charlotte LLC, for the procurement and installation of playground mulch. Documents
III. Presentations and Reports (No public comment)
A. Manager’s Report – 30/60/90 Day Work Plan Documents
IV. Public Hearings
A. Resolution to close a portion of an unopened right-of-way known as Gayle Street. Documents
B. Public hearing to consider an amendment to a previously approved conditional zoning (Ordinance No. 4785) for properties located at 172 Asheland Avenue, 185 and 99999 Coxe Avenue and 5 Federal Alley for changes to a mixed-use development zoned Central Business District-Expansion/Conditional Zone. Documents
V. New Business
A. Resolution approving a $1.1 Million Housing Trust Fund Loan to The Juna Group to construct 11 affordable single family homes at the property located at Alice Clement Lane in Oakley in southeast Asheville to be sold to individuals and families at or below 100% AMI. Documents
B. Boards & Commissions: (Council to determine who, if any, to interview) Documents
– Affordable Housing Advisory Committee Documents
– Citizens-Police Advisory Committee Documents
– Civic Center Commission Documents
– Historic Resources Commission Documents
– Human Relations Commission Documents
– Multimodal Transportation Commission Documents
– Neighborhood Advisory Committee Documents
– Public Art & Cultural Commission Documents
– WNC Air Quality Agency Board Documents
VI. Unfinished Business
A. Vote to adopt an ordinance to extend the temporary moratorium on hotel development for five months due to delays associated with COVID-19 pandemic. Documents
VII. Informal Discussion and Public Comment
Maggie Burleson, City Clerk
Contact Maggie Burleson to be added to the email distribution list to receive City Council agendas and City Council related notifications.