The Boards & Commissions Committee was established to review citizen’s applications to boards and commissions and recommend appointments to City Council. The Committee also provides guidance on establishing new boards and commissions and develops process timelines for appointments to the Asheville City Board of Education and the Planning & Zoning Commission.
- Chair: Councilwoman Sheneika Smith
- Members: Councilwoman Antanette Mosley and Councilwoman Kim Roney
- Staff Liaison: Sarah Terwilliger, Deputy City Clerk
- Meeting Schedule: Virtual meetings to be held as-needed during COVID. See below for next meeting details.
For additional information, contact Sarah Terwilliger at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE: The next Committee meeting will be held remote on December 8 at 10:00 a.m.
Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute § 166A-19.24(f) this will be a remote meeting which the public can access by any of the following means:
- Watch the live stream through the City of Asheville Public Engagement Hub at https://publicinput.com/hub/88 or the City YouTube Channel at youtube.com/cityofasheville
- Call toll-free to listen to the meeting live on your phone: 855-925-2801 and enter code 9478.
- Pre-recorded voicemail comments by calling 855-925-2801 and Enter Code 9478 (closes at 5:00 p.m. day before the meeting).
- Pre-submitted written public comments – BrdsCommissionsDecember82020@PublicInput.com (closes at 5:00 p.m. day before the meeting) LIVE speaker queue during public comment: 855-925-2801 and enter code 9478; Hit * and option 3.
*Pre-recorded and written comments will be provided to committee members prior to the meeting. Only live comments will be played during the meeting.
Agendas, Documents and Recordings
|October 27, 2020 Agenda||October 27, 2020 Documents|
|September 18, 2020 Agenda||September 18, 2020 Documents|
|August 19, 2020 Agenda||August 19, 2020 Documents|
|June 26, 2020 Agenda||June 26, 2020 Documents|
|March 10, 2020 Agenda||March 10, 2020 Documents||March 10, 2020 Recording|
|February 11, 2020 Agenda||February 11, 2020 Documents||No recording available.|
|January 14, 2020 Agenda||January 14, 2020 Documents||January 14, 2020 Recording|
|December 10, 2019 Meeting Cancelled|