Police Reports

The Asheville Police Department’s Records Unit is dedicated to providing public access to Asheville Police Department records, including incident and accident reports.


File a police report

If you have an emergency or a crime is in progress, call 9-1-1. Find more information on reporting crimes.

Online reporting through the Police-to-Citizen portal allows residents to report non-emergency incidents at their convenience. Online reporting can be used for crimes that:

  • are not currently in progress;
  • occurred within the city limits of Asheville; and
  • do not have an offender known to the reporting party or an offender known but not on the scene.

Depending on the nature of an incident, the related police incident report may require a response by a police officer or may be taken over the phone. APD Communications can direct you to the appropriate resource 24/7 on the non-emergency line at 828-252-1110.

Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault, and elder abuse may also access law enforcement resources through the Buncombe County Family Justice Center. Please visit their website to see available services.


Get a copy of a police report

You may obtain a copy of a police report or a crash report at no cost:

  • Print or download a copy of a report at home using the Police-to-Citizen (P2C) tool.
  • Contact the APD Records Unit at (828) 259-5870.
  • If you are the driver/registered owner and/or a qualifying entity involved in a vehicle crash, you can request an unredacted copy of a crash report by visiting the website below and completing the form: Federal Driver’s Privacy Protection Act Request Form.