Fares & Passes
Transit is an inexpensive way to get around Asheville and the surrounding area. Public transportation also helps cut down on global pollutants. Bus riders can board by paying cash fare or by using pre-paid tickets or passes. Please remember, all cash fares must be exact change. Vehicle operators cannot make change. All fare boxes can accept $1 bills.
As of July 1, 2010:
|Ticket Booklet (11 Rides)||$9.00|
|Ticket Booklet (11 Rides)||$4.50|
Discount Fares are available to:
- Seniors - 65 years of age and older (only photo I.D. required). Also Mountain Mobility offers further discounts to eligible seniors, call (828) 250-6750, Option 5.
- Individuals with disabilities - See Discounted Bus Pass Guidelines for further information. Complete ADA Discounted Buss Pass Application to determine eligibility. Forms are also available at the ART station.
- Do you think you have been discriminated against or excluded or denied service by the ART (Asheville Redefines Transit)? If so, please use this ADA complaint form.
- Medicare recipients (only Medicare Card required)
- Students ages 6-19.
- AB Tech - For discounted bus passes: financial aid students visit the bookstore, non-financial aid students visit the cashiers office, and continuing education students and GED students visit the Hemlock Building office or contact AB Tech for more details at 828-398-7900.
- Buncombe County Employees – Ride free with valid employer I.D.
- City of Asheville employees – Ride free with valid employer I.D.
- Grove Park Inn Employees – Ride free with valid employer I.D.
- UNC Asheville students, staff and faculty –Ride free with valid I.D.
The ART Passport Program allows businesses, private organizations, and
public agencies to purchase annual passes for their employees/members at a discounted
rate. Discount rates are determined by the number of passes being purchased; employers or organizations purchasing over 1,000 passes may enter into a direct contract with ART.
20 or more = 10%
50 or more = 15%
100 or more = 20%
500 or more = 25%
1,000 or more = direct contract
To receive partnership fares for your institution contact us at: email@example.com
- Children ages five and under ride free with an accompanying adult.
- Transfers are issued with any cash or ticket payment for unlimited trips for the duration of the transfer. Show the transfer to the driver each time you board the bus until the transfer expires. Transfers are valid for 90 minutes.
- Ticket books, monthly passes, annual passes, and the latest maps and schedule information are available at the ART Station (formerly the Asheville Transit Center), located at 49 Coxe Ave., next to the U.S. Post Office and just steps away from most downtown locations.
- Purchases can be made with cash, debit or credit.
- Buses may be equipped with a video and audio observance system.
ART Station (Asheville Transit Station)
Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Saturday, 7 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.,
Sundays & Holidays - 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
(828) 253-5691 / E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org