The Housing and Community Development Committee will enhance the quality of life in Asheville and the livability of neighborhoods by providing policy recommendations to Council on all matters relating to the creation and maintenance of housing within the city, including public housing and affordable private housing; all matters relating to the alleviation of homelessness and services provided to homeless individuals within the city.
Members: Councilwoman Sage Turner (Chair), Vice-Mayor Sheneika Smith, Councilwoman S. Antanette Mosley
Staff Liaison: Cathy Ball, Assistant City Manager
Meeting Schedule: Third Tuesday of the month at 10 a.m., City Hall – 1st floor conference room. Please note that as of January 2019, this is a new location for the meeting.
NOTICE: The next meeting will be held remotely at 10:00 a.m., Tuesday, March 16.
Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute § 166A-19.24(f) this will be a remote meeting which the public can access by any of the following means:
- Watch the live stream through the City of Asheville Public Engagement Hub at https://publicinput.com/Q7438 or the City YouTube Channel at youtube.com/cityofasheville.
- Call toll-free to listen to the meeting live on your phone: 855-925-2801 and enter code 9791.
- Pre-recorded voicemail comments by calling 855-925-2801 and Enter Code 9791 (closes at 5:00 p.m. day before the meeting).
- Pre-submitted written public comments: AVLHCDCommittee@PublicInput.com (closes at 5:00 p.m. day before the meeting).
- LIVE speaker queue during public comment: 855-925-2801 and enter code 9791; Hit * and option 3.
*Pre-recorded and written comments will be provided to committee members prior to the meeting. Only live comments will be played during the meeting.
The Community Development Team publishes monthly updates for both the Housing & Community Development (HCD) Committee and the Affordable Housing Advisory Committee (AHAC). This lets not only City Boards & Committees know what our Division is working on, but also the Community. Look for updates on HUD Funding, Affordable Housing tools at the City, developments the City has invested in with many partners, important Homeless Initiatives, and the overall funding we are getting back into the community. Click here for updates.
For additional information, please contact Jenna Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-251-4064.