THE NEXT FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, NOV. 26 AT 5 P.M. IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER LOCATED ON THE 2ND FLOOR OF CITY HALL. BELOW PLEASE FIND THE COMPLETE ON-LINE AGENDA FROM COUNCIL’S LAST MEETING. PLEASE CONTACT CITY CLERK MAGGIE BURLESON AT MBURLESON@ASHEVILLENC.GOV IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
Tuesday, November 12, 2019 – 5:00 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
II. Consent Agenda:
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on October 22, 2019. Documents
B. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract amendment with ADW Architects, P.A. for the new Fire Station 13 building design services. Documents
C. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Sole Source Procurement of Imaging Equipment with Viken Detection for the Asheville High Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas/Drug Enforcement Agency Task Force. Documents
D. Resolution to authorize the City Manager to execute contracts with Emergency Solutions Grant subrecipients and execute annual services agreement for the Asheville-Buncombe Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) with the Michigan Coalition Against Homelessness. Documents
E.1 Resolution authorizing the City Manager to apply for, and accept, grant funds from the U.S. Department of Justice for the 2019 Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant. Documents
2.Budget amendment, in the amount of $50,438.62, from the U.S. Department of Justice to the City’s Special Revenue Fund, for the 2019 Bulletproof Vest Partnership Grant.
F. Budget amendment in the City’s Special Revenue Fund in the amount of $868,014 utilizing the Federal Emergency Management Agency Staffing for Adequate Fire and Emergency Response Grant and City funds. Documents
G.1 Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Tennoca Construction Company for the Haywood Streetscape Project. Documents
2. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding with the Metropolitan Sewerage District of Buncombe County (MSD) for cost sharing for the Haywood Streetscape Project.
- Budget amendment, in the amount of $1,709,532, from funds provided by MSD to budget their share of the Haywood Streetscape Project cost.
H.1. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to amend an existing contract with Poyner Spruill for outside counsel. Documents
2. Budget amendment, in the amount of $100,000 from unassigned General Fund fund balance, to fund the contract amendment for outside counsel and additional outside legal service expenses.
I. Resolution for the standardization procurement of equipment and services for the relocation of Peach Knob public safety radio system equipment and authorizing the City Manager to execute an agreement with Motorola Solutions, Inc. Documents
III. Presentations and Reports: None
A. Manager’s Report
– 2020 Census Coordination Efforts Update Documents
- Resolution authorizing 2020 Census Partnership Documents
IV. Public Hearings: None.
City Council has established the following time limits for public hearings:
- Applicants have up to ten minutes to complete a presentation.
- Individuals have up to three minutes to speak to City Council.
- A person representing a group of three or more persons (not including the speaker) present in the Council Chamber has up to ten minutes to address City Council.
- Public comment period for any item may not exceed one hour.
V. Unfinished Business: None
VI. New Business
A. Boards & Commissions: (Council to determine who, if any, to interview) Documents
– Alcoholic Beverage Control Board Documents
– Crimestoppers Board, Asheville-Buncombe Documents
– Historic Resources Commission, Asheville-Buncombe Documents
– Homeless Initiative Advisory Committee Documents
– Soil Erosion/Stormwater Review Committee Documents
VII. Informal Discussion and Public Comment
Maggie Burleson, City Clerk