City Council Meeting Agenda
The next formal meeting of City Council will be held on Tuesday, November 27, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber. PRIOR to the meeting, City Council will hold a worksession at 3:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber to discuss City of Asheville revenue sources.
Below please find the complete on-line agenda from Council's last meeting for your continued review. Please contact City Clerk Maggie Burleson at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
At 3:00 p.m., in the Council Chamber, City Council will be provided with a detailed review of the 2019-20 budget process to include information on different City programs and services. Capital Projects Development Services General Services Public Works
November 13, 2018 - 5:00 p.m.
Council Chamber - 2nd Floor - City Hall
The following has been set as the tentative agenda for the November 13, 2018, regular meeting of the City Council. Information regarding City employees is governed by N.C. Gen. Stat. sec. 160A-168 – Council does not consider personnel matters in open session. At the conclusion of this agenda the meeting will be open for the presentation of other matters by members of Council and the public. Public comment will not be taken on items as to which no Council action will be taken at this meeting, including those items listed as reports or presentations or as discussion items. When Council action is anticipated as to any matter, it will be placed on a Council agenda for consideration, and public comment will be taken at that time.
Pledge of Allegiance
- November, 2018, as "Diabetes Awareness Month"
- November 16, 2018, as "Care for Caregivers Day"
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on October 23, 2018. Documents
B. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with Greenlight Electric, Inc. for the Bond Traffic Signals - Phase 2 Project. Documents
C. Resolution to convey a permanent utility easement to Duke Energy Progress Inc. for installing and maintaining sections of overhead electrical facilities over a portion of City-owned property that is currently used as the employee parking lot for the U.S. Cellular Center. Documents
D. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to dispose of of 1.72 acres of City-owned real property
located at the Mills River Water Treatment Plant to the City of Hendersonville for an emergency water
E. Resolution amending the 2018 City Council meeting schedule to include a worksession on November 27, 2018, at 3:00 p.m. in the Council Chamber, 2nd Floor of City Hall, to discuss City of Asheville revenue sources. Documents
F. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with Alta Planning + Design Inc. for the design services for the Asheville Greenway Connectors Project - Phase 2. Documents
G. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with WNC Landscaping, LLC for the Fiscal Year 2019 Downtown Cleaning Project. Documents
III. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
- Asheville Police Department Open Data Documents
- City Council’s Strategic Priorities Documents
- I-26 Connector Update (report only) Documents
CITY COUNCIL HAS ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING TIME LIMITS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- APPLICANTS HAVE UP TO TEN MINUTES TO COMPLETE A PRESENTATION.
- ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS ARE LIMITED TO AGENDA ITEMS WITH PRESENTATION MATERIALS PROVIDED PRIOR TO THE MEETING BY
CITY STAFF, APPLICANTS, OR ORGANIZED OPPOSITION.
- INDIVIDUALS HAVE UP TO THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK TO CITY COUNCIL.
- A PERSON REPRESENTING A GROUP OF THREE OR MORE PERSONS (NOT INCLUDING THE SPEAKER) PRESENT IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER
HAS UP TO 10 MINUTES TO ADDRESS CITY COUNCIL.
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ANY ITEM MAY NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED IN HARD COPY AND/OR WRITTEN FORM.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Public hearing to consider an amendment to the Unified Development Ordinance making all subdivisions in historic overlay districts and on local historic landmark properties a Major Work. - This public hearing will be continued until December 11, 2018.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
VI. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with Traffic Planning & Design Inc. for the Charlotte Street Improvement Project. Documents
B. Revised Proposal for 360 Hilliard Avenue from Rental to Condominium Documents
1. Resolution authorizing the sale of City-owned property at 360 Hilliard Avenue to the Kassinger Development Group for an affordable housing development
2. Resolution to approve loans from the City’s Housing Trust Fund
C. Boards & Commissions: (Council to determine who, if any, to interview) Documents
- ABC Board Documents
- Citizens-Police Advisory Committee Documents
- Electrical Examiners, Board of Documents
- Homeless Initiative Advisory Committee Documents
- I-26 Connector Project Aesthetics Committee Documents
BOARD/COMMISSION VACANCIES: Affordable Housing Advisory Committee; Board of Adjustment; Board of Electrical Examiners; Citizens-Police Advisory Committee (vacancies are for a Housing Authority property resident and a South area representative); Downtown Commission; Metropolitan Sewerage District Board; Riverfront Area Redevelopment Commission (vacancy is for a design professional); Sustainability Advisory Committee on Energy & the Environment; and Tree Commission. Deadline is Thursday, December 27, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. Call 259-5839 for an application form.