City Council Meeting Agenda
November 28, 2017 - 5:00 p.m.
Council Chamber - 2nd Floor - City Hall
The following has been set as the tentative agenda for the November 28, 2017, regular meeting of the City Council. Information regarding City employees is governed by N.C. Gen. Stat. sec. 160A-168 – Council does not consider personnel matters in open session. At the conclusion of this agenda the meeting will be open for the presentation of other matters by members of Council and the public. Public comment will not be taken on items as to which no Council action will be taken at this meeting, including those items listed as reports or presentations or as discussion items. When Council action is anticipated as to any matter, it will be placed on a Council agenda for consideration, and public comment will be taken at that time.
Pledge of Allegiance
- December, 2017, as "Better Buses Together Month"
I. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on November 14, 2017. Documents
B. Resolution amending the 2017 City Council meeting schedule to delete the December 12, 2017, formal meeting and reschedule it to December 19, 2017. Documents
C. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an interlocal agreement allowing Buncombe County to conduct building permitting and inspection for Phase I of the A-B Tech Campus Capital Improvement Projects. Documents
D. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a license agreement with South Carolina Telecommunications Group Holdings, LLC d/b/a Spirit Communications for antennas and related equipment at 43 Wall Street. Documents
E. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Security Innovations Protective Services, LLC for unarmed security services in the City’s parking garages. Documents
F. Resolution adopting the 2017 Food Policy Goals and Action Plan. Documents
G. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Asheville Staffing Resources, Inc. for temporary employee services in the City’s parking garages, surface parking lots, and other facilities. Documents
H. Budget amendment, in the amount of $386,235, using $78,000 in local funds from the City of Asheville’s Fiscal Year 2015 Transit Bench and Shelters project and $308,235 in federal funds from multiple open federal grants, for the procurement of hybrid bus batteries and security cameras. Documents
I. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to convey an easement to Duke Energy Progress, Inc. over a portion of City-owned property along South Market Street. Documents
J. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to apply for funding from the N.C. Dept. of Transportation Fiscal Year 2019 Urban State Match Program, and if awarded, enter into said agreement. Documents
K. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with Mattern & Craig Inc. for the Bond Sidewalk Bundle B Design Project. Documents
L. Resolution authorizing the City to participate in Duke Energy Progress’ Small Business Energy Savers Program and to enter into a sole source contract with Lime Energy for the purpose of installation of energy efficient lighting in Public Works Building A. Documents
A. Aaa Rating from Moody's Investor Services Documents
B. Quarterly Operating and Capital Budget Reports Documents
C. City Council Strategic Priorities Update
D. City-owned Property Database Update
CITY COUNCIL HAS ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING TIME LIMITS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- APPLICANTS HAVE UP TO TEN MINUTES TO COMPLETE A PRESENTATION.
- ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS ARE LIMITED TO AGENDA ITEMS WITH PRESENTATION MATERIALS PROVIDED PRIOR TO THE MEETING BY
CITY STAFF, APPLICANTS, OR ORGANIZED OPPOSITION.
- INDIVIDUALS HAVE UP TO THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK TO CITY COUNCIL.
- A PERSON REPRESENTING A GROUP OF THREE OR MORE PERSONS (NOT INCLUDING THE SPEAKER) PRESENT IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER
HAS UP TO 10 MINUTES TO ADDRESS CITY COUNCIL.
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ANY ITEM MAY NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED IN HARD COPY AND/OR WRITTEN FORM.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Land Uses for 1568 Brevard Road
1. Resolution approving the release of the Buncombe County Owned property located at 1568 Brevard Road (also known as the Bent Creek Property-137.21 acres) from the deed restriction requiring that the Property be used for an economic development purpose as defined in NCGS 158-7.1; and authorizing the City Manager to execute an amendment to the Interlocal Agreement between the City and Henderson County regarding this property to delete this requirement. Documents
2. Public hearing to rezone property located at 1568 Brevard Road from Industrial District to RM-16 Residential Multi-Family High Density District. Documents
B. Public hearing to consider a series of text amendments to Article VIII of the Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances pertaining to development standards for the Haywood Road Form Code found in Section 7-8-28, to include a new HR7 - Traditional Community District, and District standards. Documents
C. Public hearing to rezone properties for a section of Haywood Road within the Haywood Road Form Code area from HR5 - Live Work District to HR7- Traditional Community District. Documents
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
VII. INFORMAL DISCUSSION AND PUBLIC COMMENT:
BOARD/COMMISSION VACANCIES: Board of Adjustment; Downtown Commission; Metropolitan Sewerage District Board; Sustainability Advisory Committee on Energy & the Environment; and Tree Commission. Deadline is Wednesday, January 3, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. Call 259-5839 for an application form.