City Council Meeting Agenda
December 19, 2017 - 5:00 p.m.
Council Chamber - 2nd Floor - City Hall
The following has been set as the tentative agenda for the December 19, 2017, regular meeting of the City Council. Information regarding City employees is governed by N.C. Gen. Stat. sec. 160A-168 – Council does not consider personnel matters in open session. At the conclusion of this agenda the meeting will be open for the presentation of other matters by members of Council and the public. Public comment will not be taken on items as to which no Council action will be taken at this meeting, including those items listed as reports or presentations or as discussion items. When Council action is anticipated as to any matter, it will be placed on a Council agenda for consideration, and public comment will be taken at that time.
Pledge of Allegiance
I. CONSENT AGENDA:
B. Resolution adopting the 2018 City Council meeting schedule. Documents
C. Motion adopting assignment of City Council board and commission members/liaisons for 2018-19. Documents
1. Resolution appointing Vijay Kapoor as a member to the HUB Community Economic Development Alliance. Documents
2. Resolution reappointing Gwen Wisler as a member to the Metropolitan Sewerage District
Board of Directors. Documents
3. Resolution appointing Julie Mayfield as a member to the Asheville Area Riverfront Redevelopment Commission. Documents
D. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to approve a contract change order increasing the total amount of the contract for the installation of energy efficiency lighting as part of Duke’s Small Business Energy Saver Program and authorizing the City to Manager to execute any change orders up to the budgeted amount. Documents
E. Resolution endorsing the Buncombe County Pathway to Prevention Plan. Documents
F. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to apply for and if awarded, accept funding from the
French Broad River Metropolitan Planning Organization for Fiscal Year 2019 funding for automated bicycle and pedestrian counting equipment. Documents
G. Motion to approve the Fiscal Year 2018-19 Operating Budget Calendar. Documents
H. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with Greenlight Electric, Inc. for the Bond Traffic Signals - Phase 1 Project. Documents
I. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a contract with ADC Engineering for the Jake Rusher Park Bond Project. Documents
J. Resolution authorizing the establishment of a Mobile Food Vending Pilot Program for 68 Haywood Street. Documents
K. Resolution to approve priorities and guiding principles for a Request for Qualifications for City-owned Cedar Hill property at 411 Deaverview Road and 18 Pisgah View Road for affordable housing. Documents
A. Water Account Courtesy Calls
CITY COUNCIL HAS ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING TIME LIMITS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- APPLICANTS HAVE UP TO TEN MINUTES TO COMPLETE A PRESENTATION.
- ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS ARE LIMITED TO AGENDA ITEMS WITH PRESENTATION MATERIALS PROVIDED PRIOR TO THE MEETING BY
CITY STAFF, APPLICANTS, OR ORGANIZED OPPOSITION.
- INDIVIDUALS HAVE UP TO THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK TO CITY COUNCIL.
- A PERSON REPRESENTING A GROUP OF THREE OR MORE PERSONS (NOT INCLUDING THE SPEAKER) PRESENT IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER
HAS UP TO 10 MINUTES TO ADDRESS CITY COUNCIL.
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ANY ITEM MAY NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED IN HARD COPY AND/OR WRITTEN FORM.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS: None
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS: None
VII. INFORMAL DISCUSSION AND PUBLIC COMMENT:
BOARD/COMMISSION VACANCIES: Board of Adjustment; Downtown Commission; Metropolitan Sewerage District Board; Sustainability Advisory Committee on Energy & the Environment; and Tree Commission. Deadline is Wednesday, January 3, 2018, at 5:00 p.m. Call 259-5839 for an application form.