City of Asheville offices will be closed Dec. 23, 26 and 27 in observance of the winter holiday break. City offices will also be closed Jan. 2.
The following City services will be affected by the holiday closures.
ART bus service
Asheville Rides Transit (ART) holiday schedule will be as follows:
- Service will be closed after 6:30 p.m. December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- No service on December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Holiday Schedule will be in effect on January 1 (New Years Day)
If you haven’t already, we invite you to download the Transit app to your smart device, to help plan your trip for better efficiency. Visit the City of Asheville Transit webpage for more information or stop by the ART Transit Center, 49 Coxe Ave.
Trash and recycling
The Sanitation Office will be closed December 23 and 26, but all trash, recycling, and brush collection will run on a regular schedule.
As a reminder, the City of Asheville, in partnership with Buncombe County and Natural Resource Defense Council’s Food Matters program, launched a pilot food scrap drop-off program earlier this year. Two food scraps drop-off sites are open at Stephens-Lee Recreation Center and Buncombe County Landfill Convenience Center. It’s a great way to divert unused food from our landfill. Find more information here.
Parks & Recreation
- Burton Street, Grove Street, and Harvest House community centers will be closed on Dec. 27.
- Linwood Crump Shiloh Community Center will be closed Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
- Stephens-Lee Community Center will be closed on Jan. 1.
- Tempie Avery Montford Community Center will close at 6 p.m. on Dec. 19-22 and Dec. 27-30.
- Dr. Wesley Grants Sr. Southside Community Center is closed until Jan. 3 due to construction.
Harrah’s Cherokee Center
The Harrah’s Cherokee Center – Asheville will be closed December 19-27, 2021, and January 3, 2022. For any event or ticket inquiries, please contact email@example.com.
All public safety services, including police, fire and emergency response, will operate to normal schedule – 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Water Resources staff will be available for water related emergencies 24 hours a day over the holiday weekend. Customers can call the customer service line at 828-251-1122 to report water related emergencies, leaks, breaks and no water calls.