With the new year comes the beginning of the City’s budget cycle. And the first City Council budget work session is slated for 3 p.m. Jan. 14 in Council Chambers, prior to the 5 p.m. Council meeting. The worksession will be streamed live on the City channel at this link.
Staff will use this worksession to set the context for the development of next fiscal year’s budget. This will include an overview of the current fiscal year’s status, as well as challenges and opportunities identified for next fiscal year. Any feedback provided by City Council will be used to inform their Feb. 14 retreat.
On Dec. 10, Council adopted the schedule for this year’s budget. Here are some key dates:
- February 14: City Council retreat
- March 10: Budget work session.
- March 24: Budget work session.
- March 24: Council to vote on Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Fees and Charges.
- April 14: Budget work session.
- May 12: Proposed Budget presentation.
- May 26: Public hearing on budget.
- June 9: City Council will vote on the proposed Fiscal Year 2020-2021 Budget.
Find the full schedule in the staff report to Council at this link.
Keep up with budget documents, presentations and the schedule on the City’s Budget Process webpage.