For real time information on your next bus, access NextBus here, or dial 828-253-5691 and press #5. See full instructions sheet for further details. You can use your touch tone telephone, mobile device (standard cellphone or smart phone) or web enabled computer to see exactly where the bus is and when it will arrive at your stop.
Click on the Asheville App, via smart phone or computer to notify the city about issues like transit concerns, potholes, or illegal dumping, and then track the results.
- From about 5:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and Sunday / Holidays 8:00am - 6:00pm, ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) provides bus service throughout the City of Asheville and to the Town of Black Mountain (See individual route schedule for exact times)
- The routes that serve UNC Asheville operating later service Thursday through Saturday.
- The City encourages everyone to try using the transit service.
- Stay up to date on any service changes by checking the Service Alerts page for service outages or route change that may affect your travel plans. To get notices via text or email about changes use ART’s NextBus Service.
- Routes originate from the ART Station, located at 49 Coxe Avenue in downtown Asheville (next to the U.S. Post Office). The ART Station is conveniently located and provides restrooms, indoor and outdoor seating and an on-duty information assistant until 9:30pm. The assistant can provide you with the latest maps and schedules; help you with monthly or annual pass purchases; and answer questions that you may have about riding the bus in Asheville.
- Click here for information on Paratransit/ADA.
ART Station (Asheville Transit Station)
Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Saturday, 7 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.,
Sundays & Holidays - 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
(828) 253-5691 / E-mail: email@example.com