The City of Asheville’s Transportation Department is dedicated to providing for the safety, health, mobility, and quality of life for Asheville citizens and guests through the administration of engineering, infrastructure and transportation related projects.
Director: Ken Putnam, PE
Location: City Hall, Mezzanine Level
Mailing: P. O. Box 7148, Asheville, NC 28802
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
Director's Office: (828) 259-5405
|Click for the final draft of the
Asheville in Motion Mobility Plan.
|A brief explanation of the Asheville In Motion Mobility Plan|
We Are An Award Winning Department
- Bicycle Friendly Community 2016-2020
- Walk Friendly Community 2013-2017
- Carolinas Parking Association 2013 Parking Awards Competition – Parking Structure New Design (Biltmore Avenue Parking Garage)
- 2015 National Trails Awards Partnership Award Level Two (City of Asheville and New Belgium Brewery)
- Awarded $14.6 million Tiger VI Grant Award - Press Conference with US Secretary of Transportation Anthony Foxx on September 12, 2014