Picnic shelters at Asheville city parks are popular gathering places to host an outdoor party, reunion, or company picnic. If you are interested in renting a community center for an indoor event, reserve your space online or contact the location directly.
- Shelters are open during daylight hours only and reserved for the entire day.
- Reservations must be made a minimum of 4 days in advance and can be made up to 90 days prior to the requested rental date.
- Availability may be limited during peak season times.
- Before reserving a shelter, we recommend you visit the park to ensure the shelter will be ideal for your activity gathering.
- See Shelter Brochure for more info.
- To add elements such as tents and inflatables/bounce houses or host a special event, special permits may be required. Additional permits including those for inflatables and bounce houses take at least eight weeks to approve.
- Please note that many restrooms at City parks are closed during winter months (November – March) to protect water lines from damage by freezing temperatures.
- Shelters at the following parks can be reserved for $40:
- Haw Creek Park
- Jake Rusher Park
- French Broad River Park (gazebo)
- Malvern Hills Park
- Murphy-Oakley Park
- Richmond Hill Park
- Weaver Park
- West Asheville Park
- Carrier Park’s picnic shelter can be reserved for $150.
- Shelters in parks that are not listed above are available on a first come, first served basis.
Accessibility & Endorsement
City of Asheville staff is authorized to have access to any activity at any time to determine it is lawful and in compliance with the regulations of these policies. The City of Asheville does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, age, national origin, sexual orientation, religion or disability in its employment opportunities, programs, services and activities. Granting the use of City facilities does not constitute an endorsement of the individual’s or group’s beliefs, viewpoints, policies, or affiliations by the City of Asheville.
For more information on general park use or picnic shelter rentals contact us at email@example.com or 828-259-5800.
Sometimes a picnic shelter just isn’t big enough. To schedule ongoing use, add elements to the park (such as tents and inflatables), or host a special event, special permits may be required. For park use for an Outdoor Special Event, contact Jon Fillman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 828-259-5738.
Additional permits including those for inflatables and bounce houses take at least eight weeks to approve.