It is the City of Asheville’s policy to:
- Provide minorities equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of city contracting and purchasing programs, including but not limited to, participation in procurement, professional and construction contracts
- Prohibit discrimination against any person or business in pursuit of these opportunities on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, familial status, or national origin, and to conduct its contracting and purchasing programs so as to prevent any discrimination and to resolve all claims of such discrimination.
To find a minority, women or disabled-owned business, the following resources may be helpful:
- State of North Carolina’s Office of Historically Underutilized Businesses
- North Carolina Department of Transportation
- Small Business Administration’s Dynamic Small Business Search
Learn more on the Business Inclusion page.