The Business Inclusion Office for the City of Asheville actively seeks to identify minority- and women-owned businesses for opportunities to participate as providers of goods and services to the City. To learn more about how we are working to increase equity in contracting, visit our Business Inclusion Initiative page.
The intent of Business Inclusion is to:
- widen opportunities for participation
- increase competition
- ensure the proper and diligent use of public funds.
The City of Asheville’s Business Inclusion Office aims to do so by:
- Increasing the City’s awareness of available minority, women, and small business vendors
- Increasing Minority, Women, and Small Business Enterprises (MWSBEs) utilization in City contracting
- Promoting existing and start-up development of small business growth and profitability in the Asheville Regional Area
- Monitoring, evaluating and reporting on Minority and Women Business Enterprises
It is the City of Asheville’s policy to:
- Provide minorities equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of city contracting and purchasing programs, including but not limited to, participation in procurement, professional and construction contracts; and
- Prohibit discrimination against any person or business in pursuit of these opportunities on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, familial status, or national origin, and to conduct its contracting and purchasing programs so as to prevent any discrimination and to resolve all claims of such discrimination.
For more information about doing business with The City of Asheville, visit The City of Asheville’s Purchasing Department page.
Want to receive Business Inclusion Office newsletters?
We send out about two newsletters per month, so don’t worry about spam. We’re committed to providing you with quality content and relevant information! If you would like to hear more from the Business Inclusion Office and find out more of what we have talked about in the past and upcoming events and opportunities, please sign up for our newsletter below.
Minority and Women Business Enterprise Certification Resources
Search Options for Minority and Women Businesses
If you are a prime contractor or business looking to subcontract please consult the links found below.
Other Useful Links:
Rosanna Fox Mulcahy, Business Inclusion Manager
Community and Economic Development Department
City of Asheville
70 Court Plaza, 5th Floor, Asheville NC 28801
City of Asheville
P.O. Box 7148, Asheville NC 28802