A Public Works Stormwater Operations team recently replaced failing pipes that ran underneath Kenilworth Road near its intersection with Rosefield Drive with a new larger pipe. This work was particularly challenging because of all the underground utilities surrounding the pipe. The headwalls were also replaced and the creek banks stabilized in this area as part of this work.
The Stormwater Division also recently installed several drainage structures near this area to improve roadway flooding issues.
This work is being done to coincide with the Year 3 Bond road resurfacing project, also scheduled to last up to five weeks. The Stormwater Capital Improvements Project Program and the Stormwater Operations Program teamed up for this project.
- September: Engineer design services contracted
- May: Preliminary design drawings submitted
- May: Received 401 Water Quality Cert (for stream impacts) from NC Division of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ)
- June: Received Section 404 Environmental Permit (for stream impacts) from United States Army Corp of Engineers (USACE)
- July: Construction Started
- August: Construction Completed
Valerie Welbourn, Project Manager
Russ Davis, PE, Stormwater Program Manager