The Office of Sustainability invites you to join in the fun of making a cleaner, greener Asheville at home, at work, and in our community. There are many ways to make small changes with big impact to the health and quality of our environment. Below are a few examples and a super fun opportunity to join in the fun. Earth Day is this Friday and it’s not too late to schedule your earth action!
- Check out Asheville Greenworks calendar to join a neighborhood clean up claim a tree from the Spring Tree Giveaway and other awesome opportunities and events!
- Tag in with Bountiful Cities to attend a food production workshop or lend a hand at an Asheville Edible Park workday, learn more here!!
- Sign up for a free home energy chat with the Blue Horizons Project to explore ways to save energy in your home.
- Play Earth Month BINGO! The virtual BINGO card will feature opportunities to engage with community partners through workshops, activities, service and more. Lend a hand cleaning up our rivers, restoring native plant and animal habitats, or clearing invasive plants. Or, learn how to compost, explore nearby hiking trails, or create art and poetry. On April 1, access all of the wonderful Earth Month events in one place at www.wncfortheplanet.org and play for a chance to win 1 of 3 prize bundles!
- Attend Earth Day Kids Festival April 24
- Participate in Food Waste Reduction Month activities like the home food waste challenge, food waste reduction bingo, or a special chef’s event!
We can all reduce waste as a first step (less food waste, less single use plastics, more reusable containers and cloth bags!), and when we do make trash let’s commit to putting it where it belongs to preserve and protect our environment and natural resources. Learn more about backyard composting, recycling opportunities, and food scraps drop-offs to do your part this earth month!