The City of Asheville Public Works Department is pleased to announce the Carter Street, Ann Street and Patton Avenue stormwater project is about to get underway.
As the City begins making improvements to the area, you may encounter large equipment and other construction related impacts.
Preparations and initial work in the area is expected to take place as soon as November 7 with construction beginning on S. Ann St. near the intersection of Pearl St.
Early stages should not impact traffic flow or pedestrian access in the area. The City will provide updates on the Carter St., Ann St., and Patton Ave. project page as work progresses.
Duke and AT&T will be relocating utility poles to comply with the project design. They will begin their work on the north end of S. Ann St.
Here are improvements being made throughout this project:
- Reduced area flooding and stormwater system upgrades
- New ADA accessible sidewalks on Patton Ave.
- New high visibility crosswalks in project area
- Street resurfacing with manhole utility cover adjustments
- Lamp posts in keeping with existing historic style
- Replacement of damaged or obstructive trees along Patton Ave.
If you would like to learn more about this project or other Stormwater information, please visit the City of Asheville Stormwater Division page.