You may wish to consider obtaining a restraining order if you or someone in your family, an intimate partner, or someone you have children with:
- Injured you or is trying to injure you (physically or sexually).
- Is threatening to harm you.
- Is preventing you from going somewhere.
- Is abusing or has abused minor children (physically or sexually).
- Is stalking you in a way that makes you feel afraid of getting hurt.
How to obtain a protective order
The Buncombe County Family Justice Center has information on how to obtain a restraining order, as well as how to pursue criminal charges if applicable.