A homestay is use of land that can be permitted in your home if:

  • You live in a residentially-zoned area
  • You live in the house or apartment (“dwelling unit”) full-time;
  • You propose to rent one to two bedrooms; and
  • You propose to rent out these bedrooms for less than 30 days at a time.

Rental of an entire dwelling unit for less than a month is called a short-term vacation rental (STVR). STVRs are only permitted in the resort zoning district.

Notice: Review the ordinance and resource links below for more information and to apply for a new homestay permit or annually renew an existing homestay permit.




Apply for a New Homestay Permit

Renew and Existing Homestay Permit

Read the Ordinance (Item 9 – Homestays)

Homestay Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


Contact Information


Shannon Morgan, Code Enforcement Officer