Good news for Downtown Asheville…four parking garages in the Downtown Central Business District will be receiving improvements: Harrah’s Cherokee Center, Wall Street, Rankin Avenue, and Biltmore Avenue garages. The improvements were identified in the comprehensive parking facility assessment that was completed in August 2023.
The assessment identified select improvements and categorized by priority:
- Immediate Repairs – the most urgent repairs
- Base Repairs – high priority repairs
- Enhancements – medium priority repairs
Common repairs included are:
- Concrete repairs
- Stair and elevator framing replacement/repair
- Joint sealant replacement
- Guard rail replacements
- Weatherproofing and coatings
- Restriping and improved signage
These repairs will be implemented over the next 2 ½ years in phases organized to address the highest priorities first, and with as minimal disruption to parking services as possible. Over the course of the project, parking availability will be limited at times throughout the four garages.
For more information regarding this project and to sign up to receive updates and alerts please visit the project page.