Flood damages? Info on dedicated call center and local resources

flood damage photo illustration


As our local leaders are assessing the damage to Buncombe County in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Fred, Buncombe County Emergency Services is standing up a call center to connect residents to resources and information. To assist with disaster recovery, Buncombe County has activated a dedicated line for those impacted.


An Emergency Services Call Center is now available at 828-844-5455.


The number will be answered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with an afterhours voicemail option. The team will collect information and connect residents to resources if possible, including State Emergency Management or FEMA should they make a declaration for Buncombe County.


In addition, affected residents have the following supports:

  • For building/structural damage in the City limits, please call the City of Asheville Building Safety Division at 828-259-5967 or email contact information to buildingsafety@ashevillenc.gov. Structural damage should also be reported to an individual’s insurance company as soon as possible.
  • For a flood assessment to a building or structure within the City limits, contact the City of Asheville Floodplain Administration, Nancy Watford at 828-450-8317 or email contact information to stormwater@ashevillenc.gov.
  • For City of Asheville sidewalk repairs or maintained streets, call 828-259-5852. Residents can also upload service requests to the Asheville App, a free app compatible with Android and Apple devices. Or click the “report issues” icon on the City of Asheville website.
  • For damage to state maintained roads, call 828-298-0390 or call 511.
  • Call 211 to be connected to local helping agencies.


Find more resources at this link on the Buncombe County government website.