As our local leaders are assessing the damage to Buncombe County in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Fred, Buncombe County Emergency Services is standing up a call center to connect residents to resources and information. To assist with disaster recovery, Buncombe County has activated a dedicated line for those impacted.
An Emergency Services Call Center is now available at 828-844-5455.
The number will be answered Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., with an afterhours voicemail option. The team will collect information and connect residents to resources if possible, including State Emergency Management or FEMA should they make a declaration for Buncombe County.
In addition, affected residents have the following supports:
- For building/structural damage in the City limits, please call the City of Asheville Building Safety Division at 828-259-5967 or email contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Structural damage should also be reported to an individual’s insurance company as soon as possible.
- For a flood assessment to a building or structure within the City limits, contact the City of Asheville Floodplain Administration, Nancy Watford at 828-450-8317 or email contact information to email@example.com.
- For City of Asheville sidewalk repairs or maintained streets, call 828-259-5852. Residents can also upload service requests to the Asheville App, a free app compatible with Android and Apple devices. Or click the “report issues” icon on the City of Asheville website.
- For damage to state maintained roads, call 828-298-0390 or call 511.
- Call 211 to be connected to local helping agencies.
Find more resources at this link on the Buncombe County government website.