The City of Asheville, in partnership with the River Arts District businesses and artists and LEAF Community Arts, wants to inclusively bring families in the community together through art. During this summer, families in Asheville are invited to visit the Easel Rider Mobile Art Lab in the River Arts District.
Family-friendly art events will be held monthly, from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. every second Saturday at 8 Riverside Arts Place. During these events, a local artist will offer kid-friendly arts and crafts to the community via the Easel Rider – Asheville’s Mobile Art Lab. The Easel Rider is all about connecting people and art. The Easel Rider provides interactive hands-on activities that invite the Asheville community to experience creation on the go. Your child is invited to enjoy an innovative and immersive art-making experience with a LEAF teaching artist and create an art piece to take home that day.
Artists and schedule
- June 8, Jenny Picken and Edwin Salas
- July 13, Jenny Pickens and James Love
- James Love is a professional fine artist.
- Aug. 10, Edwin Salas and Robyn Joseph
- Robyn Joseph is a multimedia artist and creative educator for children of all ages, and weaver.
For more about Easel Rider, visit theleaf.org/easel-rider.