The City of Asheville has partnered with local organizations to host neighborhood cleanups over the next few weeks to keep litter off our streets and out of our streams.
We invite you to lend a hand and enjoy physical and mental health benefits such as feeling a sense of accomplishment, getting exercise, enjoying the fresh air, meeting new people, and all that comes with living in cleaner surroundings.
How to Participate in Clean-Up Opportunities
Spring Sweep April 15-29
The Spring Sweep will be held through April 15-29, 2023. Spring Sweep is hosted by the City of Asheville, AVL GreenWorks, and NCDOT
Be sure to bring sunscreen, water, comfortable shoes, and work clothes that can get dirty. Gloves, safety vests, bags, and tools are provided.
More information and registration can be here.
Organize a DIY Community Clean Up
- Asheville GreenWorks supports public clean ups as well as DIY cleanups, providing residents with supplies for roadside and neighborhood cleanups. More information regarding these events can be found on their website.
- Contact the City of Asheville Waste Reduction Program Manager for more info on community cleanups at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join the West AVL Business Association for a Scheduled Clean Up Event
- Saturday, April 22 New Belgium Brewing
- Saturday, June 17 Westville Pub/All Seven Brewing
- Saturday, August 26 Archetype Brewing
- Saturday, November 4 Westville Pub/All Seven Brewing
Join Parks & Rec for a Scheduled Clean Up Event
- Saturday, April 22, 12-2pm Earth Day Cleanup
- Meet at Burton Street Community Center
- Saturdays, April 29, May 27, June 17, 10am-1pm Southside Monthly Community Cleanup
- Meet at Dr. Wesley Grant Sr. Southside Community Center
How to report litter
Community members are able to report roadside litter concerns through multiple platforms:
- On the Asheville App: “Report Roadside Litter Concern”
- Email email@example.com
- Call Customer Service: 828-251-1122
Find out more information on City of Asheville Litter Programs