Asheville City government offices, will open at 10 a.m. Tuesday, Dec. 11. City Council will hold its formal meeting at 5 p.m. as scheduled. The following is a list of city services for tomorrow.
Art bus service
ART services will be delayed with services beginning at 10 a.m. For more information visit RideTheART.com. The City of Asheville encourages all riders to get up-to-date information about ART service alerts through our multiple channels of information access, as follows:
- Check ART’s recently launched new Transit App or Google Maps.
- Dial 828-253-5691 and press #1.
- Subscribe to iRide Service Alert e-mails here.
- Go to RideTheART.com under “Service Alerts.”
- Follow the City of Asheville Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Trash and recycling services will resume on Tuesday, Dec. 11 beginning with the collection for customers who usually receive pick up on Mondays. All trash and recycling will be moved forward one day through the end of the week. For example, regular Tuesday collections will be collected Wednesday.
To report a missed garbage collection call City of Asheville customer service at 828-251-1122.
Parks and Recreation
City of Asheville community centers follow the city and county school schedule, because of this many centers will remain closed on Tuesday, December 11. The following centers are the only facilities open on Tuesday.
- Tempie Avery Montford Center will open at 10am for snow care.
- Shiloh and Stephens-Lee Community Centers will open at noon.
Additional park services
- Golf Course is closed.
- Information about Nature Center and Riverside Cemetery hours will be released Tuesday, Dec. 11.
Public Safety and Water Resources
All public safety services, water resources and storm response services and support will operate a normal schedule.
The information in this release can be found on Asheville City Source.