Update: Community Centers will be closed
Posted: Jan. 17 @ 9 p.m.
City community centers will remain closed on Tuesday, January 18. All daytime and evening activities including Fun Day Out, senior meals, basketball and volley games and practices have been canceled.
City of Asheville staff continues to work around the clock to clear away snow from this weekend’s storm. Snow clearing efforts continue on main roadways (priority 1 streets), secondary roads (priority 2 streets) and sidewalks. Snow removal has been impacted by cars parked in some neighborhood streets. Residents are urged to remove cars from roadways to allow for snow removal and emergency services access.
City garages will remain open and free Tuesday, Jan. 18 to allow for off-street parking in the Central Business District.
While road conditions remain hazardous and temperatures are estimated to stay below freezing, some City services and meetings will be affected on Tuesday, Jan. 18.
- Asheville City Offices and Recreation Centers will operate a delayed schedule, opening at 11 a.m., Tuesday, Jan. 18.
- ART bus service will be on a delayed schedule with service to begin at noon, Tuesday, Jan. 18. Bus schedules can be found on the Transit Webpage.
- City Sanitation operations (trash, recycling, brush) are canceled tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 18. Collection will operate Wednesday-Saturday two days later than normal. Central Business District customers will stay on their regular Wednesday morning schedule.
Check out the AVL Collects App for collection alerts and information!
- Asheville City Council’s Housing and Community Development Meeting scheduled for 10 a.m Tuesday, Jan. 18 is canceled.
- The WNC Nature Center will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 18.
- The Harrah’s Cherokee Center – Asheville will be closed tomorrow, Tuesday, Jan. 18. Community COVID Testing will resume 10 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 19