The City of Asheville, in partnership with Buncombe County, has released a Request for Proposals (RFP) for the management of the Blue Horizons Project. The RFP seeks to fund a local organization to oversee the implementation of the Blue Horizons Project.
The goal of the project is to make a clean energy future a reality in Buncombe County and preserve our skies and waters for generations to come. The recipient of this contract will oversee the project and ensure that community voices are heard and taken into consideration when implementing the plan. The Blue Horizons Project works to transition the City and County to a clean energy future primarily through education, promotion of available energy efficiency and renewable energy resources and weatherization for low-income households. The contract recipient will also manage and provide administrative support to the community council, including but not limited to accessibility.
The scope of work includes the following, along with other related tasks:
- Facilitate and manage the Blue Horizons Project Community Council. The Blue Horizons Project Community Council will be a board of nine community members representing a variety of energy consumers in Buncombe County.
- Promote the Blue Horizons Project and renewable energy goals through education and community engagement.
- Support the City of Asheville and Buncombe County’s 100% renewable operational goal as quickly as possible.
- Engage the private sector in broad adoption and rapid deployment of renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- Provide technical support to residents working to reduce their energy use.
The City of Asheville and Buncombe County want the community to know that if one organization excels at providing some but not all of the services listed in the RFP that organizations are encouraged to form partnerships and submit a joint response.
Interested organizations are encouraged to apply. The complete RFP will be posted on the County website from May 6-June 12, and the RFP is available here.
Interested organizations can submit their questions regarding the RFP via email email@example.com or attend a webinar on May 14 for more information.