The City of Asheville’s Office of Economic Development hosts the City Manager’s Development Forum twice a year, in May and November. The next forum is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, May 15, at the US Cellular Center Banquet Hall.
The Forum — which is free and open to the public — provides members of the development community, design professionals, contractors, real estate community and citizens an opportunity to learn about current development trends, regulatory updates, and management initiatives within the City of Asheville.
Forum attendees will hear the latest on the Asheville area’s current economic indicators and the financial and economic challenges facing the City. Speakers include:
• Economic update by Heidi Reiber, Economic Development Coalition
• Building permit highlights by Abigail Riley
• Planning and zoning permits and trends by Stacy Merten
• Initiatives updates by Shannon Tuch and Jason Nortz
• Closing comments and audience Q&A session by City Manager Gary Jackson
The forum is open to all interested members of the public. A light lunch will be served. There is no cost to attend the Spring 2015 Development Forum. Please register by May 13 by emailing CLong@ashvillenc.gov.
For more information, call 828-232-4505.