The City of Asheville’s Office of Economic Development hosts the City Manager’s Development Forum twice a year, in May and November. The next forum is scheduled for 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Friday, Nov. 20, at the US Cellular Center Banquet Hall.
The Forum — which is free and open to the public — provides members of the development community, design professionals, contractors, real estate community and citizens an opportunity to learn about current development trends, regulatory updates, and management initiatives within the City of Asheville.
Forum attendees will hear the latest on the Asheville area’s current economic indicators and the financial and economic challenges facing the City. The agenda includes:
• Introduction of new Director of Planning and Urban Design Todd Okolichany, Water Resources Director Jade Dundas and Asheville Police Chief Tammy Hooper;
• Development Services update by Jason Nortz;
• Land Use Incentive Grant Revised Policy by Christopher Hnatin;
• Start Up in a Day update by Shannon Tuch and Scott Barnwell;
• Closing comments and audience Q&A session by City Manager Gary Jackson.
The forum is open to all interested members of the public. A light lunch will be served. There is no cost to attend the Fall 2015 Development Forum.
For more information, call 828-232-4505.
Water Resources Director Jade Dundas, Asheville Police Chief Tammy Hooper and Director of Planning and Urban Design Todd Okolichany will be introduced during the City Manager Development Forum.