For land development within the City, there is a guide to the review and approval process on the City’s Simplicity Website.
This guide :
- outlines the different types of development review that occur in the City of Asheville
- gives an overview of the process
- gives a time line when neighborhood (and other input) is facilitated.
In addition to this, you can sign up to receive email notifications regarding any larger land development project near you.
This service will let you know :
- an applicant is asking for permission to build
- provide details about the proposal
- relevant dates for hearings (as they are scheduled).
Understanding the process and its interactions when a potential land development is planned near you, empowers the community to address land development concerns within the city limits.