Realizing that snow predicted for this weekend may affect ART bus service, the City of Asheville wants to share the many ways people can get information about potential bus delays or service cancellations.
“Our goal is always to keep our buses running and on schedule but sometimes we need to balance that with safety, particularly in snow or icy road situations,” said Transportation Assistant Director Jessica Morriss.
In the case of changes to ART services riders can get the most up-to-date information here:
- Check ART’s recently launched new Transit App or Google Maps.
- Dial 828-253-5691 and press #3.
- Subscribe to iRide Service Alert e-mails here.
- Go to RideTheART.com under “Service Alerts.”
- Follow the City of Asheville Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
ART currently operates 17 vehicles in its peak fleet and serves primarily the City of Asheville with some service that extends to Black Mountain. Service is currently provided from 5:30 a.m. to 10:30 p.m. Monday through Saturday and from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Sundays. The main transfer station is downtown, at 49 Coxe Ave. For more information, visit RideTheART.com.