The 2022 Asheville Holiday Parade, presented by Bojangles, returns to downtown this Saturday, November 19, beginning at 11 a.m.
Produced by the Asheville Downtown Association in partnership with the City of Asheville, the parade features more than 75 entries including marching bands, dance and cheer squads, youth sports, nonprofits, businesses and of course Santa and Mrs. Claus.
Following the parade there will be free photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus at The Grove Arcade from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Here is need-to-know information for those who plan to attend.
The parade will begin on Biltmore Avenue at Charlotte Street, proceeding north to Patton Avenue, and then west on Patton Avenue, terminating at South French Broad Avenue.
The parade’s official performance stop is located at the corner of Biltmore and Patton Avenues, but attendees will find great viewing areas all along Biltmore and Patton Avenues.
The parade is expected to last about an hour and a half.
- Wall Street Garage is accessible via Otis Street;
- Aloft/Biltmore Garage is accessible via South Lexington Avenue;
- Buncombe County Courthouse Garage is accessible via College Street;
- Buncombe County Health & Human Services Parking Garage is accessible via Coxe Avenue off Sears Alley;
- Rankin Avenue and Civic Center garages are accessible via Rankin Avenue.
- Charlotte Street between College Street and McCormick Place will be closed to traffic at 7 a.m. to accommodate the parade line-up. Detour via McCormick Place and Martin Luther King Jr. Drive. Charlotte Street will reopen to traffic shortly after the parade has cleared the area.
- North and South Pack Square will close at 7:30 a.m. for the TV crew and judges area (no parking – towing enforced).
- The parade route will begin road closures at 9 a.m. (no parking – towing enforced).
- All roads intersecting the parade route will be limited to local traffic only.
- Roads are expected to reopen around 2 p.m. once street sweeping and cleanup is complete.
Other helpful information
- Restrooms: Available at the Pack Square Park Pavilion, 121 College St. Find portable restrooms on South Pack Square near Biltmore Ave., in the LaZoom Room parking lot on Biltmore, and at First Bank at Patton Ave. and Church St.
- Transit routes will be impacted. Please check https://www.ashevillenc.gov/service/transit-maps-schedules for scheduled adjustments.
- ADA Accessibility: For anyone requiring accessible parking or other ADA accommodations, please contact Jon Fillman at 828-259-5738 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org by noon, November 18.
The 2022 Asheville Holiday Parade is presented by Bojangles of WNC and the following sponsors: Explore Asheville, Ingles Markets, Apple Tree Honda, The North Carolina Arboretum’s Winter Lights, Deerfield Retirement Community, Sun Soo Martial Arts, Duke Energy, Kudzu Brands, A Look at Asheville, Kimpton Hotel Arras, Aloft Asheville Downtown, WLOS ABC 13, My40, Star 104.3, 99.9 Kiss Country, Asheville Color & Imaging and IMA Photo & Images.