CITY COUNCIL FORMAL MEETING
September 28, 2021 – 5:00 p.m.
Pursuant to North Carolina General Statute § 166A-19.24(f) this will be a remote meeting which the public can access by any of the following means found at https://publicinput.com/O7757
Pledge of Allegiance
II. Consent Agenda
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on September 14, 2021. Documents
B. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a contract with SEPI Engineering & Construction for the French Broad River Greenway West Project. Documents
C. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a change order with WxProofing LLC for Harrah’s Cherokee Center Asheville – Window Replacement & Concrete Repairs Project. Documents
D. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding and Right of Entry agreement with Duke-Progress Energy to explore the option of a future property exchange facilitating the reconstruction of the existing downtown electrical substation. Documents
E. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a Change Order with WK Dickson for the Neighborhood Enhancement Project Area 5 professional services contract for waterline improvements. Documents
III. Presentations and Reports: (No public comment)
A. Manager’s Report – Climate Justice Initiative Update
IV. Public Hearings:
CITY COUNCIL HAS ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING TIME LIMITS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- INDIVIDUALS HAVE UP TO THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK TO CITY COUNCIL.
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ANY ITEM MAY NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR
A. Urban Place Form District
- Public hearing to consider an amendment to the Unified Development Ordinance to establish a new Urban Place Form District. Documents
- Public hearing rezone approximately 57 acres of property currently zoned Regional Business District, 21 acres currently zoned Highway Business District, 42 acres currently zoned River District, .2 acres currently zoned Office Business District, and 1 acre currently zoned Commercial Industrial District to Urban Place Form District, and associated changes to the Future Land Use Map. Documents
B. Public hearing to consider conditionally rezoning property located at 70 Mills Gap Road from Industrial District and RS-2 Residential Single-Family Low Density District to Residential Expansion/Conditional Zone. – Documents
C. Public hearing to consider an amendment to Articles II and XVI of the Unified Development Ordinance to update definitions and regulations related to homestays. This public hearing will be continued to December 14, 2021.
D. 101 Charlotte Street – These two items have been withdrawn by the applicant.
- Public hearing to consider a land use incentive grant to RCG LLC at 101 Charlotte Street. – This item has been withdrawn by the applicant.
- Public hearing to consider conditionally rezoning the following properties: 99999 Charlotte Street, 121 Charlotte Street, 123 Charlotte Street, 125 Charlotte Street, 129 Charlotte Street, 135 Charlotte Street, 276 East Chestnut Street and 99999 East Chestnut Street from Community Business I District to Commercial Expansion/Conditional Zone; 3 Baird Street, 15 Baird Street, 19 Baird Street, 23 Baird Street, 25 Baird Street, 132 Furman Avenue and 134 Furman Avenue from RM-8 Residential Multi-Family Medium Density District to Commercial Expansion/Conditional Zone; 102 Furman Avenue and 99999 East Chestnut Street from RM-16 Residential Multi-Family High Density District to Commercial Expansion/Conditional Zone; along with an amendment to the Future Land Use Map designation of 99999 East Chestnut Street from Traditional Neighborhood to Traditional Corridor. – This item has been withdrawn by the applicant.
V. Unfinished Business
VI. New Business
VII. Informal Discussion and Public Comment
Maggie Burleson, City Clerk