The City of Asheville’s long-range planning involves the establishment, updating, and implementation of master planning elements. Long-range planning initiatives provide the vision and foundation for projects, activities and the overall direction the city pursues over an extended time frame. Plans are developed through extensive community engagement processes, and implementation is considered on an annual basis through the city’s budgetary and business planning cycle.
- Affordable Housing Plan
- Asheville 2025 Plan - Information on comprehensive plan update here.
- Asheville in Motion Mobility Plan
- Charlotte Street Corridor Plan & Charlotte Street Transportation Enhancement Study
- Comprehensive Bicycle Plan
- Downtown Master Plan
- Downtown Master Plan Appendices
- Historic Preservation Master Plan
- Homeless Initiative Five Year Plan
- Parks, Recreation, & Cultural Arts Master Plan
- Pedestrian Thoroughfare Plan
- Sustainability Management Plan
- Transit Master Plan - Information on Master Plan update here.
- Wilma Dykeman RiverWay Plan
For information about City Plans, contact Neighborhood & Community Engagement Manager Brenda Mills at 259-5506.