The Legal Services Department is dedicated to supporting the mission, direction and goals of the City Council by providing high quality legal services to the City of Asheville.
About the Department
The Legal Services Department advises and represents the City of Asheville in all settings where legal advice and representation are needed or requested. The department provides advice to City Council, the city manager, city departments, and boards and commissions. The goals of the department include:
- Implement city goals and objectives through appropriate legal processes.
- Assist in the development and presentation of legislative programs.
- Initiate or defend legal action as necessary in support of city goals and objectives.
- Provide research and advice to City Council in support of Council initiatives.
- Provide continued high quality legal service to internal as well as external customers.
- Provide or arrange for effective legal representation for all lawsuits.
Robin Currin, City Attorney
McLean Moore, Executive Assistant
Assistant City Attorneys
Kelly Whitlock, Deputy City Attorney
Location: Second Floor, Asheville City Hall
Mailing: PO Box 7148, Asheville NC 28802
Office Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday