MINORITY BUSINESS PROGRAM
The Minority Business Program for the City of Asheville actively seeks to identify minority and women-owned businesses for an opportunity to participate as providers of goods and services to the city.
The intent of the program is:
- to widen opportunities for participation,
- increase competition, and
- to ensure the proper and diligent use of public funds.
It is the City of Asheville’s policy to:
- Provide minorities equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of city contracting and purchasing programs, including but not limited to, participation in procurement, professional and construction contracts; and
- Prohibit discrimination against any person or business in pursuit of these opportunities on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, disability, familial status, or national origin, and to conduct its contracting and purchasing programs so as to prevent any discrimination and to resolve all claims of such discrimination.
Minority Business Program
Attn: Brenda Mills, Economic Development Specialist
Community & Economic Development Department
Location: 70 Court Plaza, 5th Floor, Asheville NC 28801
Mail to: PO Box 7148, Asheville NC 28802
Phone: (828) 259-8050