THE NEXT FORMAL MEETING OF CITY COUNCIL WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, MARCH 10, 2015, BEGINNING AT 5:00 P.M. INTHE COUNCIL CHAMBER - SECOND FLOOR OF CITY HALL.
PLEASE FIND BELOW THE ENTIRE ON-LINE AGENDA FROM COUNCIL'S LAST MEETING FOR YOUR CONTINUED REVIEW.
PLEASE CONTACT CITY CLERK MAGGIE BURLESON AT MBURLESON@ASHEVILLENC.GOV IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS.
February 24 , 2015 - 5:00 p.m.
Council Chamber - 2nd Floor - City Hall
The following has been set as the tentative agenda for the February 24, 2015, regular meeting of the City Council. Information regarding City employees is governed by N.C. Gen. Stat. sec. 160A-168 – Council does not consider personnel matters in open session. At the conclusion of this agenda the meeting will be open for the presentation of other matters by members of Council and the public. Public comment will not be taken on items as to which no Council action will be taken at this meeting, including those items listed as reports or presentations or as discussion items. When Council action is anticipated as to any matter, it will be placed on a Council agenda for consideration, and public comment will be taken at that time.
Pledge of Allegiance
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on February 10, 2015. Documents
B. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a professional engineering services agreement with Schnabel Engineering South, PC,
for the North Fork Water Treatment Plan Dam/Spillway Upgrade Phase I: Design Project. Documents
C. Resolution changing the name of the "Sustainable Advisory Committee on Energy & the Environment" to "Sustainability Advisory Committee on
Energy & the Environment." Documents
D.1. Resolution authorizing the City Manger to accept the 2015 High Intensity Drug Traffic Area (HIDTA) grant as a fiduciary for the Asheville Area
HIDTA Task Force. Documents
2. Budget amendment, in the amount of $30,980, to establish the budget for the 2015 High Intensity Drug Traffic Area grant.
E. Ordinance amending Sections 19-144 and 19-164 of the Code of Ordinances to allow reverse angle parking (or backing-in parking). Documents
F. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute an amended sub-recipient agreement with the City of Hendersonville for 2012 New Freedom
G. Budget amendments:
1. In the amount of $5,000 to increase the budget project to add additional components to a replacement Compressed Natural Gas bus
for Henderson County’s transit system. Documents
2. In the amount of $10,000, from the General Fund and Federal Transportation Administration grant money for LED exterior lighting upgrades
at two transit facilities. Documents
3. In the amount of $3,525,000 to move funds from Water Resources Fund Balance to the Bingham Road Water Maintenance Facility
capital project in order to fund the purchase and renovation of 200 Bingham Road. Documents
4. In the amount of $20,600 to authorize the use of North Carolina State Drug Seizure Funds to fund the purchase of covert surveillance
equipment and support of Changing Together. Documents
5. In the amount of $73,000, from General Fund in the Parks and Recreation Department for the purchase of an excavator. Documents
III. Presentations and Reports:
A. Fiscal Year 2014 Carbon Footprint Report Documents
B. Mid-Year Financial Report Documents
CITY COUNCIL HAS ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING TIME LIMITS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS:
· APPLICANTS HAVE UP TO TEN MINUTES TO COMPLETE A PRESENTATION.
· ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS ARE LIMITED TO AGENDA ITEMS WITH PRESENTATION MATERIALS PROVIDED PRIOR TO
THE MEETING BY CITY STAFF, APPLICANTS, OR ORGANIZED OPPOSITION.
· INDIVIDUALS HAVE UP TO THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK TO CITY COUNCIL.
· A PERSON REPRESENTING A GROUP OF THREE OR MORE PERSONS (NOT INCLUDING THE SPEAKER) PRESENT IN THE
COUNCIL CHAMBER HAS UP TO 10 MINUTES TO ADDRESS CITY COUNCIL.
· PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ANY ITEM MAY NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR.
· ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED IN HARD COPY AND/OR WRITTEN FORM.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS;
A. Public hearing to consider a major subdivision with conditional zoning on property located at 95 Craggy Avenue, 180 Louisiana Avenue and
178 Louisiana Avenue, from RS-8 Residential Single-Family High Density District to RS-8/CZ Residential Single-Family High Density District/
Conditional Zoning that will allow for the creation of 45 lots in two phases and associated infrastructure, with a changed condition request for lot
sizes and setbacks, sidewalk standards and pavement and right of way widths. Documents
B. Public hearing to consider the issuance of a conditional use permit for property located 40 Coxe Avenue for Buncombe County's Health
& Human Services Building addition and parking structure. Documents
C. Public hearing to consider rezoning of property near 230 Hilliard Street at 99999 S. French Broad Avenue and at 99999 S. Grove Street
from RS-8 Residential Single Family High Density District to Central Business District. Documents
D. Public hearing to conditional zoning on property located on Wellen Way from RS-2 Residential Single-Family Low Density District and
RS-8 Residential Single-Family High Density District to RS-8 Residential Single-Family High Density District/Conditional Zoning for
the creation of 7 single family lots and roadway to serve those lots, with a changed condition request for lot width. - Applicant has
withdrawn this item.
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
VI. NEW BUSINESS:
VII. INFORMAL DISCUSSION AND PUBLIC COMMENT:
BOARD/COMMISSION VACANCIES: HUB Community Economic Development Alliance; and Public Art & Cultural Commission. Deadline is Wednesday, March 4, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. Call 259-5601 for an application form.
IN ADDITION, The City is accepting applications for the Asheville City Board of Education. Deadline is Tuesday, February 28, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. Call 259-5601 for an application form.