Prior to the City Council formal meeting, at 2:22 p.m. City Council will be holding pre-arranged interviews for
vacancies on the HUB Community Economic Development Alliance in Room 209 of City Hall. Also, at 3:00 p.m. City
Council will be holding a budget worksession in the 1st Floor North Conference Room in City Hall. Documents
April 28, 2015 - 5:00 p.m.
Council Chamber - 2nd Floor - City Hall
The following has been set as the tentative agenda for the April 28, 2015, regular meeting of the City Council. Information regarding City employees is governed by N.C. Gen. Stat. sec. 160A-168 – Council does not consider personnel matters in open session. At the conclusion of this agenda the meeting will be open for the presentation of other matters by members of Council and the public. Public comment will not be taken on items as to which no Council action will be taken at this meeting, including those items listed as reports or presentations or as discussion items. When Council action is anticipated as to any matter, it will be placed on a Council agenda for consideration, and public comment will be taken at that time.
Pledge of Allegiance
- May 3-9, 2015, as "National Drinking Water Week"
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on April 14, 2015. Documents
B. Resolution setting a public hearing on May 12, 2015, to consider an economic development incentive grant to support PolyLINKS Inc. Documents
C. Resolution setting a public hearing on May 12, 2015, to consider an economic development incentive grant to support the expansion of Hi-Wire
D. Resolution accepting W. Summit Avenue as a city-maintained street. Documents
E. Resolution authorizing the possession and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages and/or unfortified wine at the following events: Documents
1. Earth Fare 5K on May 9, 2015
2. Downtown After 5 on May 15, June 19, July 17, August 21, and September 18, 2015
3. Sunday Music in the Park on May 17, May 31, June 14, June 28, and July 12, 2015
4. Mountain Sports Festival on May 22, May 23 and May 24, 2015
5. Beer City Festival on May 30, 2015
6. Asheville Half Marathon on June 6, 2015
7. Race to the Taps on August 8, 2015
8. Organicfest on August 30, 2015
F. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to convey an easement to Duke Energy Progress, Inc. over a portion of city-owned property on Thompson
G. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a professional agreement with Clark Nexsen, Inc., for architectural and engineering design services
for the 200 Bingham Road project. Documents
H. Ordinance to rescind the elimination of the Downtown Fare Free Zone and refer the action to the Multimodal Transportation Commission for further
I. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to execute a change order to the contract with Johnson Price Sprinkle PA for the Asheville Police Department
speed measuring instruments audit. Documents
J. Budget amendments:
1. In the amount of $13,190 in the General Capital Projects Fund, funded by debt proceeds, to reflect the cost sharing of a new vehicle purchase
with Street Cut Enterprise Fund. Documents
2. In the amount of $1,000, from Humana, to support the cost of materials and supplies for the 2015 Asheville Buncombe Senior Games. Documents
III. Presentations and Reports:
A. Legislative Update
CITY COUNCIL HAS ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING TIME LIMITS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS:
· APPLICANTS HAVE UP TO TEN MINUTES TO COMPLETE A PRESENTATION.
· ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS ARE LIMITED TO AGENDA ITEMS WITH PRESENTATION MATERIALS PROVIDED PRIOR TO
THE MEETING BY CITY STAFF, APPLICANTS, OR ORGANIZED OPPOSITION.
· INDIVIDUALS HAVE UP TO THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK TO CITY COUNCIL.
· A PERSON REPRESENTING A GROUP OF THREE OR MORE PERSONS (NOT INCLUDING THE SPEAKER) PRESENT IN THE
COUNCIL CHAMBER HAS UP TO 10 MINUTES TO ADDRESS CITY COUNCIL.
· PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ANY ITEM MAY NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR.
· ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED IN HARD COPY AND/OR WRITTEN FORM.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS;
A. Public hearing to consider an amendment to the signage plan for Asheville Outlets, located at 800 Brevard Road, Asheville, N.C. Documents
B. Public hearing regarding the proposed Consolidated Action Plan for Fiscal Year 2015-16, which sets out the proposed use of federal Community
Development Block Grant and HOME Investment Partnership Act funds for the coming fiscal year. Documents
· Resolution authorizing submission of the City’s Consolidated Annual Action Plan for 2015-16 to the U.S. Dept. of Housing & Urban Development.
C. Public hearing to consider the 2015-2019 Consolidated Plan for Community Development Block Grant and HOME Investment Partnership Act
· Resolution approving the City's Consolidated Strategic Housing and Community Development Plan for 2015-19. Documents
D. Public hearing to consider the permanent closing of a portion of Bradley Street. Documents
E. Public hearing to consider a conditional use permit for a 97 unit apartment building located at 128 and 99999 Florence Street. Documents
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
VI. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Motion authorizing the Mayor to sign a letter to the WNC Regional Air Quality Board to strengthen the permit limit for sulfur dioxide (S02) to protect
our community from the impacts of harmful air pollution. Documents
B. Resolution amending Resolution No. 06-55 regarding the City's policy relating to claims and judgments sought or entered against City officers and
C. Resolution appointing a member to the HUB Community Economic Development Alliance Board. Documents
VII. INFORMAL DISCUSSION AND PUBLIC COMMENT:
BOARD/COMMISSION VACANCIES: Civil Service Board. Deadline is Wednesday, May 6, 2015, at 5:00 p.m. Call 259-5601 for an application form.