Capital Projects Management
The Capital Projects Management Division was created to provide and facilitate design, planning, project management, and inspection services for capital infrastructure projects within City maintained right-of-way and City owned property. Additionally, the division provides general engineering support, surveying, contract administration, and right-of-way acquisition support.
The division is a new organization within the City; established in 2014. The group began as Engineering Services, operating as a division within the Public Works Department. The group's mission was expanded and now reports directly to the Assistant City Manager Cathy Ball.
Interested in working on the City of Asheville's Capital Projects?
- City of Asheville Bids & Proposals page
- Use the link above to find the City's current bid and professional services opportunities.
- Future City Projects can be found on pages 138-139 (pdf pages 154-155) of the FY 2015-2016 Adopted Budget Report
- Riverfront Redevelopment
- River Arts District Transportation Improvement Project (RADTIP)
- Livingston Complete Streets
- French Broad River Greenway "West"
- Clingman Forrest Greenway
- Town Branch Greenway
- Neighborhood Sidewalks
- New Leicester Highway Sidewalk
- 2016 Street Resurfacing List (coming soon)
- 2015 Street Resurfacing List
- Hendersonville Road Sidewalk
- Biltmore Villiage, Angle Street Sidewalk Repairs
- Broadway Vaulted Sidewalk Repairs and Improvements
- 14 Riverside Renovation and Parking Improvements
- Cedar Street Bridge Rehab
- Finalee Avenue Retaining Wall
Our Projects Are Award Winning!
- 2014 Engineering Excellence Award Winner
- American Council of Engineering Companies of North Carolina (ACEC-NC)
- For the design of the Cherokee Road Retaining Wall, by Michael Baker Engineering
Other Helpful Links
- City of Asheville Standard Specifications and Details Manual
- North Carolina Department of Transportation Standard Specifications and Designs
- Federal Highway Administration
- City of Asheville Minority Business Program
- City of Asheville E-Verify Affidavit
- Map Asheville App
- Simplicity (property data search)
More Current and Future Project Lists, Pictures, and Maps
Links to Commonly Used forms
And other helpful resources for citizens, and project partners.
Office: (828) 259-5617
Hours: 8:30a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday
|Walter Ear, PE
Capital Projects Manager
Dustin Clemens, RLA
Assistant Capital Projects Manager
Capital Projects Admin
Public Works Building
161 S. Charlotte Street
Asheville, NC 28801
P. O. Box 7148
Asheville, NC 28802