The City encourages everyone to take advantage of the Transit System, but recommends checking the ALERTS page before leaving to make sure there is not a service outage or route change that may affect your travel plans.
Temporary Service Alerts
You can also find the latest weather related closings & delays by checking or WLOS; or calling (828) 253-5691 – press # 3.
To get on an email list to receive future weather alerts, you can send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
| N3, W3, & W4
N3, W3 and W4 will detour for two months from September 15th through November 15th, as Haywood St. will be closed (from Ann St. to Montford Ave.).
a. N3 will detour inbound and outbound.
b. W3 and W4 will detour only outbound.
c. These routes will access Montford Ave using Haywood St. via Pritchard Park, and serve the following bus stops:
- On Haywood St at Cellular Center/Library,
- On Haywood St at O’Henry Ave
- On Montford Ave. at Haywood St.
d. The following bus-stops will be closed during this time period for W3 and W4 outbound and N3 both inbound and outbound:
- Patton Ave at Otis St.,
- Patton Ave at South French Broad Ave.
- Patton Ave at Clingman Ave
- Haywood St at Montford Ave
| November 15, 2014
|S3 – McDowell – Biltmore Village – Hendersonville – Airport
The City of Asheville’s ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) service will detour the following route due to road closures for construction projects.The detour will impact the first trip (5:30 a.m. – 7a.m.) and the last trip of the day (7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.) between June 13, 2013 and November 25, 2014. S3 will detour using Biltmore Ave., Hospital Dr. and Doctors Dr. The only bus stops that will NOT be served during the detour are:
- McDowell at Hospital Dr. - Southbound
- McDowell at Doctors Dr. - Southbound
- McDowell at Doctors Dr. - Northbound at shelter below Mission entrance.
November 25, 2014. Delays may extend without further notice.
| Thanksgiving Day
|| Thursday, November 27, 2014
|| Service suspended all day.
| Christmas Eve
|| Wednesday, December 24, 2014
|| Service suspended after 6:30 pm.
| Christmas Day
|| Thursday, December 25, 2014
|| Service suspended all day.
ART provides limited transit services for the following holidays on routes; C, N1, N3, S3, S4, E1, E2, W1, W3. See specific route schedules for holiday hours.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Permanent Service Alerts
The City of Asheville’s ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) service has made the following route adjustments. New schedules can be viewed and downloaded at www.ridetheart.com or picked up at the ART Station on Coxe Ave.
C, N, N3, E1, E2,S2,S4,W3,W4
Schedule adjustments starting Jan. 6th 2014. See permanent service alerts below for details or click here to view poster.
E1 – Tunnel Rd – Asheville Mall – Swannanoa River Rd. – VA
- Starting on Monday, July 29th, 2013, the Veterans Affairs bus stop location has changed. In coordination with the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, ART is able to return the transit-stop to the front entrance at Ambulatory Care.
- Route will turn at Bleachery Blvd. to serve the Wal-Mart/Kohls bus stop only on the inbound portion of the route instead of both inbound and outbound.
ART Station (Asheville Transit Center)
49 Coxe Avenue, Asheville NC 28801
M - F 6:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Sat 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Holidays 9:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.