The City encourages everyone to take advantage of the Transit System, but recommends checking the ALERTS page before leaving to make sure there is not a service outage or route change that may affect your travel plans.
Temporary Service Alerts
You can also find the latest weather related closings & delays by checking or WLOS; or calling (828) 253-5691 – press # 3.
To get on an email list to receive future weather alerts, you can send your request to email@example.com.
||Due to construction related delays on Swannanoa River Rd., the City of Asheville’s ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) route E1 will adjust to respond to transit rider’s needs. Construction on Swannanoa River Rd. is expected Monday-Friday 8am – 3:30pm until June 1, 2014. This construction is not expected to occur every day, when it does E1 will adjust its schedule.
When construction delays traffic on Swannanoa River Rd. the following will occur:
· E1 – Tunnel Rd. – Asheville Mall – Swannanoa River Rd. - VA
- E1 departing the Transit Station on-the-hour will stay on the normally scheduled route and endure the construction delay in order to serve all passengers at all E1 bus-stops. Riders should plan ahead as the E1 is expected to get behind schedule.
- E1 departing on the half-hour will only serve the portion of the route from the Transit Station to Wal-Mark/Kohl’s. E1 on the half hour, when construction is occurring, will not serve the following bus-stops:
a. East bound - outbound
1. Swannanoa River Rd. @ Bleachery Blvd
2. Swannanoa River Rd. @ Fairway Dr.
3. Swannanoa River Rd @ Fairview Rd.
4. Swannanoa River Rd @ Manna Food Bank
5. Swannanoa River Rd @ Kensington Dr.
6. Swannanoa River Rd @ Azalea Rd E
7. Swannanoa River Rd @E Hawthorne
8. Tunnel Rd @ Swannanoa River Rd
9. Tunnel Rd @ Riceville Rd.
b. End of the Line
1. Veterans Affairs @ Tunnel Rd
c. Westbound – inbound
1. Tunnel Rd @ Riceville Rd
2. Swannanoa River Rd @ Tunnel Rd
3. Swannanoa River Rd @ Governors View Rd .
4. Swannanoa River Rd @ Azalea Rd E
5. Swannanoa River Rd @ Kensington
6. Swannanoa River Rd @ Manna Food Bank
7. Swannanoa River Rd @ Fairview Rd
8. Swannanoa River Rd @ Fairway Dr
|June 1, 2014
|S3 – McDowell – Biltmore Village – Hendersonville – Airport
The City of Asheville’s ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) service will detour the following route due to road closures for construction projects.The detour will impact the first trip (5:30 a.m. – 7a.m.) and the last trip of the day (7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.) between June 13, 2013 and November 25, 2014. S3 will detour using Biltmore Ave., Hospital Dr. and Doctors Dr. The only bus stops that will NOT be served during the detour are:
- McDowell at Hospital Dr. - Southbound
- McDowell at Doctors Dr. - Southbound
- McDowell at Doctors Dr. - Northbound at shelter below Mission entrance.
November 25, 2014. Delays may extend without further notice.
| Thanksgiving Day
|| Thursday, November 27, 2014
|| Service suspended all day.
| Christmas Eve
|| Wednesday, December 24, 2014
|| Service suspended after 6:30 pm.
| Christmas Day
|| Thursday, December 25, 2014
|| Service suspended all day.
ART provides limited transit services for the following holidays on routes; C, N1, N3, S3, S4, E1, E2, W1, W3. See specific route schedules for holiday hours.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Permanent Service Alerts
The City of Asheville’s ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) service has made the following route adjustments. New schedules can be viewed and downloaded at www.ridetheart.com or picked up at the ART Station on Coxe Ave.
C, N, N3, E1, E2,S2,S4,W3,W4
Schedule adjustments starting Jan. 6th 2014. See permanent service alerts below for details or click here to view poster.
E1 – Tunnel Rd – Asheville Mall – Swannanoa River Rd. – VA
- Starting on Monday, July 29th, 2013, the Veterans Affairs bus stop location has changed. In coordination with the Veterans Affairs Medical Center, ART is able to return the transit-stop to the front entrance at Ambulatory Care.
- Route will turn at Bleachery Blvd. to serve the Wal-Mart/Kohls bus stop only on the inbound portion of the route instead of both inbound and outbound.
ART Station (Asheville Transit Center)
49 Coxe Avenue, Asheville NC 28801
M - F 6:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Sat 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Holidays 9:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.