The City encourages everyone to take advantage of the Transit System, but recommends checking the ALERTS page before leaving to make sure there is not a service outage or route change that may affect your travel plans.
Temporary Service Alerts
You can also find the latest weather related closings & delays by checking or WLOS; or calling (828) 253-5691 – press # 3.
To get on an email list to receive future weather alerts, you can send your request to email@example.com.
|N, S1, S2, N3, W3, W4
- N (returning from Grove Park Inn) and both S1 and S2 (outbound and inbound) will detour off Hilliard Ave. (between Coxe Ave. and Biltmore Ave.), until construction is complete. The routes will operate as posted on the schedules, except the following stops are impacted during construction:
(1) Hilliard Ave. @ Coxe Ave. - closed
(2) Hilliard Ave. @ Lexington Ave. - closed
(3) Biltmore Ave. @ Hilliard Ave., south bound - closed for S1 & S2, still serving N
(4) Biltmore Ave. @ Hilliard Ave., north bound
(5) Biltmore Ave. @ South Charlotte St. south bound - closed for S1 & S2, still serving N
(6) Biltmore Ave. @ South Charlotte St., north bound
- N3 (inbound and outbound) and both W3 and W4 (outbound only) will detour off Haywood St. until construction is complete. The routes will operate as posted on the schedules, except the following stops are closed during construction:
(1) Haywood St @ Montford Ave.
(2) Hill St. @ Montford Ave.
(3) Hill St. @ Isaac Dickson Elementary
(4) Hill St. @ Cross Pl.
| Until Construction is Complete
|S3 – McDowell – Biltmore Village – Hendersonville – Airport
The City of Asheville’s ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) service will detour the following route due to road closures for construction projects.The detour will impact the first trip (5:30 a.m. – 7a.m.) and the last trip of the day (7 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.) between June 13, 2013 and November 25, 2014. S3 will detour using Biltmore Ave., Hospital Dr. and Doctors Dr. The only bus stops that will NOT be served during the detour are:
- McDowell at Hospital Dr. - Southbound
- McDowell at Doctors Dr. - Southbound
- McDowell at Doctors Dr. - Northbound at shelter below Mission entrance.
November 25, 2014. Delays may extend without further notice.
| Thanksgiving Day
|| Thursday, November 27, 2014
|| Service suspended all day.
| Christmas Eve
|| Wednesday, December 24, 2014
|| Service suspended after 6:30 pm.
| Christmas Day
|| Thursday, December 25, 2014
|| Service suspended all day.
ART provides limited transit services for the following holidays on routes; C, N1, N3, S3, S4, E1, E2, W1, W3. See specific route schedules for holiday hours.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
Permanent Service Alerts
The City of Asheville’s ART (Asheville Redefines Transit) service has made the following route adjustments. New schedules can be viewed and downloaded at www.ridetheart.com or picked up at the ART Station on Coxe Ave.
C, N, N3, E1, E2,S2,S4,W3,W4
Schedule adjustments starting Jan. 6th 2014. See permanent service alerts below for details or click here to view poster.
ART Station (Asheville Transit Center)
49 Coxe Avenue, Asheville NC 28801
M - F 6:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Sat 7:00 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Holidays 9:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.