- Stay up to date on any service changes by checking the Service Alerts page for service outages or route change that may affect your travel plans.
- To get notices via text or email about service outages or route changes use ART’s NextBus advance Alert Features.
- You can also find the latest changes, closings & delays by checking or WLOS; or calling (828) 253-5691 – press # 3.
- To get on ART’s email list, please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Holiday Closures (Service suspended all day)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
ART provides limited services for the following holidays on routes; N1, N3, S3, S4, E1, E2, W1, W3 and W5.
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve - All routes operate normal service until 6:30 pm when service is completely suspended.
Temporary Service Alerts
|| On Saturday October 22, 2016, Railroad construction on Louisiana Ave will have the section closed from Emma Rd to Hazel Mill until construction is complete.
Please catch the W5 at the corner store on Emma or on Louisiana Ave on the inbound side.
|October 22, 2016
|| WNC Agricultrual Center closed for an event until 3:30p.m. Friday October 21, 2016. Please use the bus stop on Terminal Dr.
||October 21, 2016
|N1 & N2
|| There will be a Homecoming Parade on the UNCA campus Saturday October 22, 2016 beginning at 3pm until 5pm. Please use the bus stop at Barnard Ave. for UNCA campus stops.
||October 22, 2016
|| Route 170 new schedule will begin on August 1st. Service to Warren Wilson will be discontinued beginning August 1st.
|| The VA Hospital is hosting a Veterans Day event in front of the VA hospital. Please catch the E1 by the guard house leaving the hospital.
||November 11, 2016
Victoria Rd. will have only one lane open due to a water construction project. Expect daily delays from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m.
|March 28 to August 25, 2016
Permanent Service Alerts
ART Station (Asheville Transit Station)
49 Coxe Avenue, Asheville NC 28801
Monday-Friday, 6 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Saturday, 7 a.m. - 9:30 p.m., Sundays & Holidays 8:30 a.m. - 6 p.m.
(828) 253-5691 / E-mail: email@example.com