Implementing the 10-Year Plan to End Homelessness
Through a public-private partnership, the Homeless Initiative works to end chronic homelessness and reduce all types of homelessness over the next decade by investing in resources in a coordinated, sustained effort that addresses the underlying causes of homelessness.
The Homeless Initiative values community involvement, collaboration, inclusive and creative problem solving. With that foundation of values, the community can come together to evaluate and implement best practices for supporting people who are seeking stable housing. Through this process, the community can report and evaluate outcomes, highlight best practices, and identify new resources, which results in a strengthened homeless service system and ultimately reduces the number of people who experience homelessness in Asheville and Buncombe County.
of 2015 Emergency Solutions Grant Letter of Intent
The Homeless Initiative Advisory Committee (HIAC), the joint City of Asheville and Buncombe County advisory committee established to coordinate and advise local officials on issues on homelessness and guide the 10 year Plan to End Homelessness, has created its annual sub-committee to assist in the community- wide 2015 Continuum of Care Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) application. The HIAC sub-committee does not comprise agency representatives that either receive ESG funds or would receive these funds.
Although the application deadline is not currently established, it is anticipated the deadline for submission to the State will occur in the next few months. In preparation for that deadline, the Asheville Buncombe Homeless Initiative and the CoC invite Letters of Intent for the 2015 Emergency Solutions Grant funding.
On or before September 14, 2015, in no more than two pages, please provide the following information and submit the Letter of Intent to firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Agency name and primary contact person
• Contact email and phone number
• ESG Funding award for 2014
• ESG Funding request for 2015
Please also include:
• A brief description of the current program(s) funded with ESG funds including the name, location, number of persons served, the nature of the service and evaluation of demand.
• A brief narrative description of the proposed use of funds.
• If applying for shelter, outreach or transitional housing funds, a brief explanation of the need for continued funding and whether there is a plan to add a rapid re-housing component to the program(s).
• Current annual budget for existing program(s).
• Proposed annual budget for 2015 program(s).
Once application information is received from the State, some additional information may be required from applicants.
For more information, contact Christiana Glenn Tugman at (828) 251-4048 / email@example.com.
Christiana Glenn Tugman
Community Development Analyst/Homelessness Lead
City of Asheville
P.O. Box 7148
Asheville, NC 28802