September 27, 2016 - 5:00 p.m.
Council Chamber - 2nd Floor - City Hall
The following has been set as the tentative agenda for the September 27, 2016, regular meeting of the City Council. Information regarding City employees is governed by N.C. Gen. Stat. sec. 160A-168 – Council does not consider personnel matters in open session. At the conclusion of this agenda the meeting will be open for the presentation of other matters by members of Council and the public. Public comment will not be taken on items as to which no Council action will be taken at this meeting, including those items listed as reports or presentations or as discussion items. When Council action is anticipated as to any matter, it will be placed on a Council agenda for consideration, and public comment will be taken at that time.
Pledge of Allegiance
- Proclamation proclaiming September 27, 2016, as Aviation Careers Appreciation Day
- Proclamation proclaiming October 10, 2016, as Indigenous Peoples' Day
- Resolution standing in support of the Standing Rock Sioux Documents
II. CONSENT AGENDA:
A. Approval of the minutes of the formal meeting held on September 6, 2016. Documents
B. Motion approving the Findings of Fact and Conclusions of Law for Simpson Street (Beaucatcher Commons LLC). Documents
C. Resolution setting a public hearing on October 11, 2016, to consider a land use incentive grant for Simpson Street (Beaucatcher Commons LLC).
D. Resolution accepting the report prepared by City staff for the flood mitigation action associated with the Repetitive Loss Area Analysis. Documents
E. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to enter into a professional engineering services agreement with Schnabel Engineering South, PC, for the
North Fork Water Treatment Plant Dam/Spillway Upgrade Phase II: Design and Construction Services project. Documents
F. Resolution authorizing the City Manager to convey transmission and distribution easements to Duke Energy Progress, Inc. in the River Arts
District Transportation Project area along Riverside Drive. Documents
II. PRESENTATIONS AND REPORTS:
A. Update on Asheville Sister Cities Documents
CITY COUNCIL HAS ESTABLISHED THE FOLLOWING TIME LIMITS FOR PUBLIC HEARINGS:
- APPLICANTS HAVE UP TO TEN MINUTES TO COMPLETE A PRESENTATION.
- ELECTRONIC PRESENTATIONS ARE LIMITED TO AGENDA ITEMS WITH PRESENTATION MATERIALS PROVIDED PRIOR TO THE MEETING BY
CITY STAFF, APPLICANTS, OR ORGANIZED OPPOSITION.
- INDIVIDUALS HAVE UP TO THREE MINUTES TO SPEAK TO CITY COUNCIL.
- A PERSON REPRESENTING A GROUP OF THREE OR MORE PERSONS (NOT INCLUDING THE SPEAKER) PRESENT IN THE COUNCIL CHAMBER
HAS UP TO 10 MINUTES TO ADDRESS CITY COUNCIL.
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ANY ITEM MAY NOT EXCEED ONE HOUR.
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION MAY BE PROVIDED IN HARD COPY AND/OR WRITTEN FORM.
IV. PUBLIC HEARINGS:
A. Public hearing to consider a conditional zoning of property located at 25 Forsythe Street from RS-8 Residential Single-Family High Density District to
RS-8 Residential Single-Family High Density District/Conditional Zoning to re-establish a place of worship. Documents
B. Public hearing to consider an amendment to Article X of Chapter 7 of the Code of Ordinances for the purpose of adding a general development
and performance standard regulating structures in the navigable airspace of the Greater Asheville Regional Airport. Documents
V. UNFINISHED BUSINESS:
A. Downtown Planning and Development Policies Documents
- Development Review Thresholds for Projects in Central Business District
- Process for Reviewing Large Projects in the Central Business District
- Development Review Thresholds/Process for Review of Hotels in the Central Business District
- Public notification requirements in the Central Business District
VI. NEW BUSINESS:
A. Consideration of a partnership with Pisgah Legal Services for their Poverty Forum on October 5, 2016, at the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium. Documents
VII. INFORMAL DISCUSSION AND PUBLIC COMMENT:
BOARD/COMMISSION VACANCIES: Community Action Opportunities; HUB Community Economic Development Alliance; and Neighborhood Advisory Committee (must represent 28806 or 28728 zip code). Deadline is Wednesday, October 5, 2016, at 5:00 p.m. Call 259-5839 for an application form.