PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
The Planning and Zoning Commission is an advisory board to City Council that reviews text for proposed amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance; hears proposals to zone or change the zoning of property regulated under the UDO and then makes recommendations to City Council for final action; performs studies and surveys of the present conditions and probable future development of the City and its environs; formulates and recommends to the City Council the adoption or amendment of a comprehensive plan and other plans; reviews the terms of the UDO from time to time, as it deems appropriate, review applicants of planned unit development designation and preliminary plans; review and decide on approval of all proposed preliminary plats for major subdivision; and performs such additional powers and duties as may be set forth elsewhere in the UDO and in other laws and regulations.
The Commission consists of 7 members, 5 City residents appointed by City Council and 2 residents of the extra-territorial area of the City and appointed by Buncombe County Commissioners. The length of term of office is three years.
Chair Jeremy Goldstein - email@example.com
Meeting Schedule - 2016
May 4, 2016 - Meeting packet is available here.
- Approval of minutes from the April 21, 2016 meeting.
- A wording text amendment to Article 14 and Article 16 of the Unified Development Ordinance for the purpose of amending standards for homestays. Planner coordinating review- Shannon Tuch
- Review of a Level II site plan for the development of a self-storage facility contained in a 3-story, 72,450 square foot building with associated parking and site-work on a portion of 2.50 acres known as 1292 Hendersonville Road and PIN 9656-04-3807. The property is owned by Azalea Limited Partnership and the project contact is Jesse Gardner. Planner coordinating review – Sasha Vrtunski
- Review of a Level II site plan for the construction of 45 residential units on 1.85 acres known as 3, 5 and 99999 Atkins Street and PIN (s) 9654-09-5055, 9654-09-3180 and 9654-09-5138. The property is owned by Reasonable Development, LLC and the project contact is Mike Lovoy, P.E. Planner coordinating review – Vaidila Satvika
- Review of a Level II site plan for phase II of a planned commercial business center on 7.08 acres known as 257 and 263 Long Shoals Road and PIN(s) 9644-48-8171 and 9644-47-6934 owned by Long Shoals Development BOJO, LLC and the project contact is Marty Kocot. Planner coordinating review – Shannon Tuch.
- Review of a Level III site plan for the construction of a two story 75,000 square foot retail building and a one story 8,000 square foot retail building on 53.70 acres located at 800 Brevard Road PINs 9626-86-3724 and 9626-76-8165. The property is owned by Asheville Retail Associates, LLC and the project contact is Chris Day. Planner coordinating review – Shannon Tuch.
- Review of a Conditional Zoning from Residential Multi-Family High Density (RM16) and Institutional (INST) to Institutional Conditional Zone (INST CZ) for the development of 290 multi-family units contained within 4 buildings totaling 294,812 square feet on 11.39 acres known as 55 Miami Circle and 70 Allen Avenue and PIN (s) 9645-80-9504 and 9645-90-3375 and including conditions modifying landscape standards. The property is owned by Miami Made, LLC and the project contact is Warren Sugg, P.E. Planner coordinating review- Jessica Bernstein
- The next meeting will be June 1, 2016 at 5 p.m.
Meeting Minutes & Audio Files
NOTE: Please use the browser Internet Explorer to listen to audio files.
Google Chrome does not support playback with Windows Media Player.
If you have need of archived documents for the Planning & Zoning Commission, please contact Patti McFarland at 828-259-5627 or email