PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
The Planning and Zoning Commission is an advisory board to City Council that reviews text for proposed amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance; hears proposals to zone or change the zoning of property regulated under the UDO and then makes recommendations to City Council for final action; performs studies and surveys of the present conditions and probable future development of the City and its environs; formulates and recommends to the City Council the adoption or amendment of a comprehensive plan and other plans; reviews the terms of the UDO from time to time, as it deems appropriate, review applicants of planned unit development designation and preliminary plans; review and decide on approval of all proposed preliminary plats for major subdivision; and performs such additional powers and duties as may be set forth elsewhere in the UDO and in other laws and regulations.
The Commission consists of 7 members, 5 City residents appointed by City Council and 2 residents of the extra-territorial area of the City and appointed by Buncombe County Commissioners. The length of term of office is three years.
Chair Jeremy Goldstein - email@example.com
Meeting Schedule - 2016
June 1, 2016 - Meeting packet is available here.
- Approval of minutes from the May 4, 2016 meeting
- A request for the review of variances relating to fenestration and expanses of solid wall found in Section 7-8-18(f)(13)a.(5.) of the UDO for a project located at 55 S. Market Street in the Central Business District. The property is owned by 55 South Market LLC and the PIN is 9648-49-9603. Planner coordinating review –Jessica Bernstein
- A request for the review of a rezoning application to rezone property known as 99999 Lookout Drive and PIN 9740-20-7455, from RS-4 (Residential Single Family Medium Density) to RS-8 (Residential Single Family High Density) zoning district. The property is owned by Eric Workman. Planner coordinating review – Vaidila Satvika
- A request for the conceptual review of a Level III site plan for the construction of a six-story, 88-unit veteran housing development totaling 50,150 square feet on 4.54 acres known as 1401 Tunnel Road and PIN 9668-94-7987. This property is owned by Asheville Buncombe Christian Ministries (ABCCM) and the project contact is Crawford Murphy. Planner coordinating review- Shannon Tuch
- A request for the review of a Conditional Zoning from RM-6 to RM-8 CZ for the development of a three-story, multi-family development with 24 units in 2 buildings, for a total (gross) building square footage of 26,388 square feet on 2.73 acres known as 99999 Mayfair Drive and PIN 9617-07-4883. The property is owned by Kenneth L. Cryderman and Nicole Cryderman and the project contact is Bob Grasso. Planner coordinating review- Sasha Vrtunski
CONDITIONAL ZONING MODIFICATION
- Request to amend a previously approved conditional zoning (Ordinance no. 4449) on a single 6.16 acre parcel known as 311 and 315 Old Haw Creek Road and PIN 9659-80-1408. The requested amendment would rezone portions of the property to RS4, RS4-CZ, and INST-CZ and would modify the site plan and proposed uses to remove student housing from the project plan. Conditions would reduce setbacks, provide sidewalks, and allow parking within a property line buffer. The property is owned by Bethesda United Methodist Church. Planner coordinating review – Vaidila Satvika.
- The next meeting will be July 21, 2016 at 4 p.m.
Meeting Minutes & Audio Files
NOTE: Please use the browser Internet Explorer to listen to audio files.
Google Chrome does not support playback with Windows Media Player.
If you have need of archived documents for the Planning & Zoning Commission, please contact Patti McFarland at 828-259-5627 or email