PLANNING & ZONING COMMISSION
The Planning and Zoning Commission is an advisory board to City Council that reviews text for proposed amendments to the Unified Development Ordinance; hears proposals to zone or change the zoning of property regulated under the UDO and then makes recommendations to City Council for final action; performs studies and surveys of the present conditions and probable future development of the City and its environs; formulates and recommends to the City Council the adoption or amendment of a comprehensive plan and other plans; reviews the terms of the UDO from time to time, as it deems appropriate, review applicants of planned unit development designation and preliminary plans; review and decide on approval of all proposed preliminary plats for major subdivision; and performs such additional powers and duties as may be set forth elsewhere in the UDO and in other laws and regulations.
The Commission consists of 7 members, 5 City residents appointed by City Council and 2 residents of the extra-territorial area of the City and appointed by Buncombe County Commissioners. The length of term of office is three years.
Chair Jeremy Goldstein - firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeting Schedule - 2016
July 21, 2016 Meeting will begin at 4 p.m. - Meeting packet will be available here.
- Approval of minutes from the June 1, 2016 meeting
- A request for the review to allow for the construction of seven 10-unit multifamily buildings with parking below located on three parcels known as 99999, 99999 and 42 Simpson Street and PINS 9658-22-3728, 9658.23.4011 and 9658.23.4188. The owner of the properties is York Real Estate Investment LMT PTN and the project contact is Chris Day. Planner coordinating review- Vaidila Satvika
- A request for the review of a conditional zoning from RM 6 (Residential Multi-Family, Low Density) to CBI-CZ (Community Business I Conditional Zone) to allow for the development of a new restaurant located on 1.53 acres known as 184 Haw Creek Road and PIN 9658-47-7249. The owner of the property is John Christoph, LLC and the project contact is Matthew Sprouse. Planner coordinating review- Jessica Bernstein
- Discuss the two year work plan with the Planning & Zoning Commission and obtain feedback from the Commission.
- The next meeting will be August 3, 2016 at 5 p.m.
Meeting Minutes & Audio Files
NOTE: Please use the browser Internet Explorer to listen to audio files.
Google Chrome does not support playback with Windows Media Player.
If you have need of archived documents for the Planning & Zoning Commission, please contact Patti McFarland at 828-259-5627 or email