The Capital Projects Management Division was created to provide and facilitate design, planning, project management, and inspection services for capital infrastructure projects within City maintained right-of-way and City owned property. Additionally, the division provides general engineering support, surveying, contract administration, and right-of-way acquisition support.
The division is a new organization within the City; established in 2014. The group began as Engineering Services, operating as a division within the Public Works Department. The group's mission was expanded and now reports directly to the Assistant City Manager Cathy Ball.
Interested in working on the City of Asheville's Capital Projects?
Capital and Infrastructure Programs
- Neighborhood Sidewalks
- New Leicester Highway Sidewalk
- Cedar Street Bridge Rehab
- Broadway Vaulted Sidewalk Repairs
Current/Active Construction Projects
Our Projects Are Award Winning!
- 2014 Engineering Excellence Award Winner
- American Council of Engineering Companies of North Carolina (ACEC-NC)
- For the design of the Cherokee Road Retaining Wall, by Michael Baker Engineering
Other Helpful Links
Current and Future Project Status Reports, Pictures, and Maps
Links to Commonly Used forms
And other helpful resources for citizens, and project partners.